This Treasury Accountant Position Features:
? Competitive Salary And Benefits
? Convenient Location Off The Freeway
? Coach And Develop A Team
? Great Pay to $90K
Challenging career position for a senior-level accountant in a
stable Government and Public Sector company. Sufficient education,
training and experience to demonstrate the knowledge and ability to
successfully perform the essential functions of the position is
required. A Bachelor?s Degree in accounting, finance or related
field plus three years full-time accounting, cash management and
investment experience or a combination of education and experience
is desired. Must be experienced in computerized accounting systems
(PeopleSoft a plus), proficient in the use of a PC with a variety
of software packages, including Excel spreadsheets. Candidate must
have supervisory experience. Also, must have organizational
abilities and accuracy, as well as demonstrating strong written and
verbal communication skills. Government Finance Officers
Association (GFOA) certification and/or current Certified Treasury
Professional designation are desirable.
Essential Job Functions include:
* Set the daily cash position and prepare cash forecasts.
* Manage the day to day and monthly reporting activities for the
fixed investment portfolios. Provide monthly reporting to the
Boards of Directors on investment positions.
* Plan, organize, assign, review, and evaluate the work of Treasury
accounting support staff. Train staff in work procedures, recommend
discipline, counsel, and participate in personnel decisions.
Prepare performance reviews and goals.
* Coordinate and review monthly account billing and revenue
collection for various Agency programs, prepare and distribute
monthly sales tax revenue reports.
* Oversee the preparation of fiscal reports for audits by outside
and governmental program auditors using PeopleSoft and banking
software. Lead responsibility for Treasury on audit requests and
findings. Assist the Finance Treasury Manager and auditors with the
preparation of annual Comprehensive Financial Annual Report
* Maintain established bank relationships and financial controls
for the transfer or wiring of agency funds. Maintain ongoing
support of disaster recovery plan.
* Ensure debt service payments and reporting on existing agency
bond issues is completed.
* Oversee agency pass and ticket sales revenue and inventory
* Verify the reliability and integrity of financial data and
accounting systems by ensuring regular reconciliations are
We are an equal employment opportunity employer and will consider
all qualified candidates without regard to disability or protected