Location: San Mateo
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Opportunity: Accounting Manager
Oversee and perform hotel accounting functions and personnel to
ensure consistent compliance with accounting standards and
Potential Career Path
Assistant Controller -Controller - Regional Director of
Essential Job Functions
- Interview, select, train, schedule, coach and support
associates, ensuring they perform in accordance with established
brand or hotel standards and consistent with HHM core
- Plan and organize the work of the hotel accounting team,
adjusting priorities as needed to ensure reporting deadlines are
- Review all ledger account reconciliations to include: bank
statements, assets, liabilities and credit cards.
- Oversee and ensure internal audit standards are met.
- Review invoices for goods and services and sign disbursement
- Monitor coding of cash receipts.
- Prepare utility and telephone accruals monthly.
- Coordinate and review monthly financial statements for
- Provide research, analysis and insight into financial trends,
statistical ratios, variance, budgeting and forecasting.
- Administers house banks and conduct audits.
- Coordinate with corporate accounting department to monitor
- Monitor records of inventory to control accuracy of supply
- Review tax returns to ensure compliance with state and
- Prepare annual depreciation schedules for furniture,
equipment,building supplies, revisions and alterations.
- Assist with human resources needs when requested by
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM's
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and
follow MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Previous accounting in the hospitality industry
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including
advanced skills in Excel.
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and may include occasionally working past
normal scheduled work time, holidays and weekends if required to
meet accounting deadlines.
- Required to sit for extended periods, lift up to 10 pounds,
bend, reach, use hands and fingers to operate keyboard.
What We Believe
People Are Our Capability - Hearts That Serve - Only Excellence -
Stay Nimble - Own It
This San Francisco Airport Hotel is near it all. Here in San Mateo,
CA, our hotel's guests can easily get to all the attractions and
businesses of the San Francisco Bay area. In addition, a free
shuttle runs between San Francisco Airport (SFO) and theHoliday Inn
-& Suites San Mateo - San Francisco SFO.
This hotel is ideal for every corporate traveler. Use the 24-hour
Business Center and free Wi-Fi access to keep in contact with the
office anytime. Over 2,500 sq ft of meeting space is available in
three rooms, so you can host your next event with us. Since we're
near SFO, the hotel is moments from Tech, Pharmaceutical, and
Keywords: HHM, San Mateo , Accounting Manager, Accounting, Auditing , San Mateo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!