Location: San Mateo
Posted on: July 31, 2022
JOB TITLE: Administrative CoordinatorDEPARTMENT: San Mateo County
Pride CenterREPORTS TO: Program DirectorSALARY: DOEPOSITION STATUS:
Non-Exempt-Part-time - 20 hours per week (Position is currently
remote with intention to move to hybrid model; Flexible Schedule;
Occasional Evenings may be needed)PM21PROGRAM DESCRIPTION:The San
Mateo County Pride Center is the first of its kind in San Mateo
County and provides comprehensive support services to individuals
and families in the LGBTQ+ community. The Pride Center is a
partnership between StarVista, Outlet of Adolescent Counseling
Services, and Peninsula Family Service, in collaboration with San
Mateo County Behavioral Health and Recovery Services. The Pride
Center provides a broad range of services with three main
components: 1) Clinical -individual, group, couples and family
counseling, case management; 2) Social/Community -event and
gathering space, education, trainings; peer groups, and 3) Resource
center -library, referrals, web-based media center.POSITION PURPOSE
AND OBJECTIVESThis team member plays an essential role as the face
of the Center and provides administrative support to our programs
and services. The Administrative Coordinator helps funnel inquiries
and connects clients, community members, and organizations to the
appropriate team members and programs within the Pride Center,
including our peer support groups, social events, and clinical
services. They play a critical role in helping the Pride Center to
build strong relationships, foster collaborations, and support the
LGBTQ+ community across San Mateo County. The Administrative
Coordinator also functions as the administrative lead for two core
components of the Pride Center (general operations and clinical
services), thereby establishing centralized systems, reducing
duplicated efforts, and maximizing our efficiency.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Connect clients, program participants and community members
with appropriate and culturally relevant health, wellness,
advocacy, education, economic resources/services, and community
events provided by the Pride Center and other entities throughout
San Mateo County.
- Provide essential administrative and operational support to
Pride Center staff. This may include creating and centralizing
cross-program forms, documents, coordinating onsite scheduling
needs, answering general phone lines and email inbox, ordering
office supplies or equipment.
- In partnership with the Marketing and Community Engagement
Lead, maintaining the San Mateo County Pride Center's website
including regular updates for programming, job posts, special
announcements, and other social media platforms, as requested by
- Responsible for on-boarding new San Mateo County Pride Center
- Provide virtual and/or in-person tours of the San Mateo County
Pride Center which includes the history of our creation and
- Establish a working relationship with other StarVista team
members including the Operations Manager, Facilities Operations
Coordinator, Marketing Associate, Accounts Receivable Associate,
Database and Analytics Manager.
- Take a non-judgmental, strength-based, and social
justice-centered approach to support.
- Communicate professionally and respectfully to all program
participants, community members, and partners.
- Maintain high quality documentation and tracking of all
contacts, services, activities, participant attendance and
demographics, and progress made. Collaborate with other staff to
ensure accurate data collection and reporting.
- Cultivate and maintain a structured and independent work
schedule, as this position involves a high degree of autonomy.
- Function as a core member of the San Mateo County Pride Center
team involved in creative visioning and development of this center
to most effectively meet the needs of the LGBTQ+ community.
- Participate in staff meetings, development trainings, community
meetings and events, as well as organizational retreats and
- Represent the mission of values of the Pride Center and
- Perform other duties as needed.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Understanding of issues impacting the LGBTQ+ community
including the high rate of suicide, stigma, mental health issues,
and substance use.
- Familiarity with San Mateo County and Bay Area community LGBTQ+
health and wellness resources.
- Understanding of anti-oppression, anti-racism,
intersectionality, social justice, and cultural humility.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish, Tagalog, Chinese (Mandarin, Cantonese),
and/or Tongan highly preferred.
- Lived experience in the LGBTQ+ community highly desired.
- Strong personal organization and communication skills.
- Experience working with historically marginalized populations
including clients and communities who are Transgender, Non-Binary,
and gender diverse, low-income, BIPOC, youth, older adults,
dis/abled, and immigrants as well as people who have a history of
trauma, are dually diagnosed, living with HIV, system-engaged,
and/or experiencing homelessness and housing insecurity.
- 2+ years previous experience as an Administrative Coordinator
or similar role highly desired.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, SharePoint,
Outlook, etc.) and virtual meeting platforms like Zoom/Microsoft
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary, multiracial,
multicultural, multi-gendered, and intergenerational
- Strong commitment to social, racial, and economic justice.
- Willingness to travel throughout San Mateo County as needed
(mileage reimbursement is provided).
- Valid CA Driver's license, proof of auto insurance and ability
to pass fingerprint and TB clearance is required. TO APPLY:Please
apply within our company portal to submit Resume & Cover
Keywords: StarVista, San Mateo , Administrative Coordinator, Administration, Clerical , San Mateo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!