Company: Stanford University
Location: San Mateo
Posted on: January 22, 2023
Stanford University Department of Medicine is seeking an
Administrative Assistant (Administrative Associate 2) to provide
administrative or operational support working under general
supervision in the Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care
The Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine (PCCM) is
comprised of a team of outstanding clinicians, scientists, and
scholars dedicated to improving the lives of patients with serious
lung disease. Our goal is to provide outstanding clinical and
research training to the next generation of leaders in Pulmonary
and Critical Care Medicine. We are committed to strong clinical
investigations including the evaluation of new pharmacologic
agents, which offer potentially promising therapeutic benefits, as
well as outcome studies which characterize clinical parameters to
effect positive changes in patient care.
- Respond to inquiries, and determine and take appropriate action
as required. Serve as a resource regarding a defined set of
policies and procedures.
- Perform duties associated with scheduling, organizing, and
operating conferences, seminars, and events, including recommending
vendors for services, overseeing the production and distribution of
materials, coordinating logistics, and serving as liaison with
internal and external vendors.
- Draft and/or generate routine communications; coordinate
production (formatting, copying, etc.) and dissemination of
documents, such as presentations, course handouts, grant proposals,
conference and seminar materials, reports, brochures, and
- Plan and schedule calendar(s) based on consultation, resolve
calendaring conflicts, and arrange travel in compliance with unit,
university, and sponsor policies.
- Process and monitor routine financial transactions, which may
include researching and resolving discrepancies.
- Maintain office supplies and equipment; obtain vendor
quotations, as needed. Coordinate office moves.
- May serve as the point of contact for general maintenance,
health and safety, and other facility concerns within the unit(s);
report any incidents or potential safety problems to appropriate
representatives. Track completion of required training.The job
duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions
in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be
interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and
responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary
depending on department or program needs without changing the
general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility.
Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; excellent
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced,
- Expert skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, Outlook). Microsoft Project and Adobe Acrobat.EDUCATION
& EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
- High school diploma and three years of administrative
experience, or combination of education and relevant
experience.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Proficient computer skills and demonstrated experience with
office software and email applications.
- Demonstrated success in following through and completing
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sitting.
- Occasionally stand/walk, reach/work above shoulders, grasp
lightly/fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, use a telephone,
sort/file paperwork or parts, lift/carry/push/pull objects that
weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Rarely twist/bend/stoop/squat, kneel/crawl. Consistent with its
obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable
accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires
accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well
with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal
responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns;
uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable
University policies and procedures, including but not limited to
the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's
Administrative Guide, .Why Stanford is for you
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms.
Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and
research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized
the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is
our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to
impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks
empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition
reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening,
or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous
time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds
of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise
facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails,
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing
incentives, discounts and more. Stanford is an equal employment
opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
As an organization that receives federal funding, Stanford
University has a COVID-19 vaccination requirement that will apply
to all university employees, including those working remotely in
the United States and applicable subcontractors. To learn more
about COVID policies and guidelines for Stanford University Staff,
Keywords: Stanford University, San Mateo , Administrative Assistant, Administration, Clerical , San Mateo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!