Administrative Associate 3 (Hybrid/50% FTE)
Company: Stanford University
Location: San Mateo
Posted on: January 25, 2023
The department of Developmental Biology at Stanford University
is seeking an Administrative Associate 3 at 50% FTE. This position
is located on the main campus, as a hybrid schedule. This position
will provide administrative and operational support to our new lab,
the department training grant and department initiatives on
diversity. The ideal candidate will have excellent interpersonal
and computer skills and will be able to operate independently in
multiple areas. Developmental Biology is one of the premier basic
science departments in the country, attracting stellar graduate
students and fellows who advance to positions as top scientists and
academic leaders in their field.
- Act on behalf of the supervisor or department manager in
regards to establishing priorities and identifying and resolving
problems that are administrative in nature.
- Oversee and/or perform duties associated with scheduling,
organizing, and operating complex conferences, seminars, and
events, including arranging with vendors for services, overseeing
the production and distribution of materials, administering
logistics, and managing event within budget.
- Compose and draft documents and correspondence for
presentations, course handouts, grants, conferences, seminars, and
reports; perform substantial editing and fact checking. Create,
maintain, modify, and/or ensure accuracy of content in various unit
documents, displays, reports, social media, and/or websites.
- Plan and schedule calendar(s) with limited consultation,
resolve calendaring conflicts, and arrange travel in compliance
with unit, university, and sponsor policies.
- Oversee and/or process a variety of complex financial
transactions; produce, monitor, and reconcile budget statements;
research, identify, and resolve discrepancies. May assist with
capital or special equipment requests and/or vendor selection.
- Coordinate and monitor routine maintenance services completion.
Plan and coordinate office moves and/or minor renovation
- May lead staff or supervise day-to-day work of student and/or
temporary workers, including scheduling, assigning, and
prioritizing workloads, setting appropriate deadlines, reviewing
work for quality and timeliness, and providing performance review
input. - Other duties may also be assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
High school diploma and four years of administrative experience, or
combination of education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Advanced computer skills and demonstrated experience with
office software and email applications.
- Demonstrated success in following through and completing
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and assign work to
- Ability to take initiative and ownership of projects.
- Ability to routinely and independently exercise sound judgment
in making decisions.PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS :
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sitting.
- Occasionally stand/walk, reach/work above shoulders, grasp
lightly/fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, use a telephone,
sort/file paperwork or parts, lift/carry/push/pull objects that
weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Rarely twist/bend/stoop/squat, kneel/crawl. - Consistent with
its obligations under the law, the University will provide
reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who
requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well
with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal
responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns;
uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable
University policies and procedures, including but not limited to
the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's
Administrative Guide, . As an organization that receives federal
funding, Stanford University has a COVID-19 vaccination requirement
that will apply to all university employees, including those
working remotely in the United States and applicable
subcontractors. To learn more about COVID policies and guidelines
for Stanford University Staff, please visit .
Keywords: Stanford University, San Mateo , Administrative Associate 3 (Hybrid/50% FTE), Administration, Clerical , San Mateo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!