Staff Data Engineer - Activision Blizzard Media
Company: Blizzard Entertainment
Location: San Mateo
Posted on: January 6, 2022
Job Title: Staff Data Engineer - Activision Blizzard Media
Requisition ID: R009977
Activision Blizzard Media is the gateway for brands to the #1
cross-platform gaming company in the western world, with hundreds
of millions of players across over 190 countries.
Our legendary portfolio includes iconic mobile game franchises such
as Candy Crush---, esports opportunities like the Call of Duty--
and Overwatch-- Leagues, and some of the top PC and console gaming
franchises such as World of Warcraft--, Call of Duty--, and
The idea is simple: great game experiences offer great marketing
If you want to create amazing user experiences using the latest
technologies, then this is the right job for you. You're an
excellent communicator, happy to work with people from several
different business units. You can translate business needs into
technical requirements and implementation. We are problem solvers,
constantly reviewing how and why we do things and learning from
each other. We are experimental, trying out new tech and ideas and
willing to take risks to drive the entire industry forward. We are
sociable and fun, and we like to hang out together. We are
passionate, some might even say quirky, and while we love what we
do, our lives are about more than work. We love games, and are
obsessed with creating the best player experience.
- Design and build cloud-based data lakes and data
- Design and build Data Pipelines to collect, transform, store,
analyze, explore and visualize.
- Work with the product team to understand data sources, use
cases and data models.
- Choose the right technology stack to align with the use cases
- Collaborate with the other team members across different
- Develop alert & monitoring systems and procedures for faster
- Provide technical directions and mentor other engineers
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of
study or equivalent practical experience.
- Working experience in building data warehouses and data
- 5+ years of experience in working with relational databases
such as MySQL, Postgres etc.
- 2+ years of experience in NoSQL databases like Bigtable,
Cassandra, HBase etc.
- Expert level SQL skills and database performance concepts.
- Experience in relational and dimensional data modeling.
- Experience with developing extract-transform-load (ETL).
- Understanding of distributed computing frameworks like Apache
Spark and Flink.
- Experience in Software Development in Java or Python
- Should be able to communicate and articulate his/her thought
process effectively with the other team members.
- Experience building data warehouse, data lake and data pipeline
using Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Experience with large scale distributed systems with large
- Experience in distributed computing framework - Hadoop, Spark,
Flink or Storm
- Experience with messaging systems like Kafka and RabbitMQ
- Basic understanding of machine learning concepts and
Knowledge of advertising platforms.
Keywords: Blizzard Entertainment, San Mateo , Staff Data Engineer - Activision Blizzard Media, Advertising , San Mateo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!