Senior Environment Artist
Company: 31st Union
Location: San Mateo
Posted on: November 22, 2022
WE ARE GAMEMAKERS Who We Are
We are a diverse team of developers driven by a passion for our
art, united by our core values and inspired by a culture of
inclusivity to build amazing games that thrill players everywhere.
We pursue growth and innovation in an environment of safety and
trust. Our culture is built on the belief that the more varied
voices in our collective will strengthen our team and our games. We
are looking for our next teammate who will raise our bar and make
What We Need
We are seeking a highly talented Senior Environment Artist with a
passion for making exceptional games and who takes pride in giving
shape to immersive spaces that transport players to unique worlds.
No prop too small, no building too big.
- Experience collaborating with Lead Artists and Art Director to
create and support creative vision.
- Knowledge of Maya, Unreal Engine, Substance Painter/Designer,
PBR Workflow, zBrush, and Photoshop
- Houdini and World Machine experience a plus
- Recent use of industry standard game editors
- Experience with industry-standard asset management tools
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- Classic drawing or painting techniques with the ability to
sketch out ideas on paper
- Strong communication skills
- Good sense of spatial composition and proportions
- Understanding of basic architecture Who you are:
You're a strong individual contributor who can execute on direction
from Lead Environment Artist and Art Director while providing
perspective and inspiration of your own. Taking ownership of
constructing all types of environments from start to finish that
tell a sense of place and story.
- Model & Texture 3D Environment Assets (Hard Surface, Organic,
- Self-starter and independent, able to take feedback and run
- Able to communicate to Leads and Production their status,
schedule, pace, and needs.
- Able to follow and collaborate with concept art.
- Able to follow environment art phase pipelines and work within
- Assist with Outsource Asset integration.
- Effectively mentor teammates; inspired by knowledge sharing
SECURITY NOTICE - We have recently been made aware of increasing
occurrences of bad actors posing as company HR personnel to gain
information from "potential candidates", in the form of job
interviews and offers. These scams can be quite sophisticated and
Please know that 31st Union and 2K never uses instant messaging
apps to contact prospective employees or to conduct interviews.
If you believe you have been a victim of such a scam, you may fill
out a complaint form at https://complaint.ic3.gov/ and
https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/ detailing as much as possible. We are
taking these matters very seriously and apologize for any
Join our mission: Bring fun, inspiration and awe to our lives and
to our community:
Keywords: 31st Union, San Mateo , Senior Environment Artist, Advertising , San Mateo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!