Senior Optical Engineer
Location: San Mateo
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Senior Optical Engineer - Lasers, Medical Devices!This Jobot Job
is hosted by: Jacob VaneAre you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking
the "Apply Now" button and sending us your resume.Salary: $140,000
- $190,000 per yearA bit about us:Based in Northern California's
Bay Area, we have been developing new solutions that give medical
aesthetic professionals the ability to stay ahead of the curve of
the field with our process that has created truly unique medical
devices! For over 20 years since our inception by laser and optical
engineers we have committed ourselves to delivering the highest
level or safety, competence, and performance. Some of the
treatments our devices perform are body sculpting, hair removal,
pigmented lesions, skin revitalization, tattoo removal, vascular
lesions, and women's health! We are looking for a seasoned Sr.
Laser Engineer to contribute to an R&D group that develops new
product concepts and supports their transition to market. Projects
involve a broad range of technologies including complex solid-state
laser and optical delivery systems.We are seeking an outstanding
scientist or engineer to help develop optical systems for medical
lasers and applications. This position is part of a R&D group
that develops new product concepts, improves current products, and
supports their transition to market. The ideal candidate would have
excellent experimental and computer modeling skills in geometric
and Gaussian optics and an ability to thrive in a fast-paced, but
stimulating and collaborative environment.Why join us?
- Competitive Base Salary!
- Stock Options!
- 401(k) Match!
- PTO/Flex Work Schedules!
- Extremely Competitive Benefits Package!
- Dependents Benefits!
- Flexible Work Schedules!
- Accelerated Career Growth!Job Details
- A Ph.D. degree in physics, physical chemistry, or optical
engineering is preferred. Alternatively, an MS degree with at least
3 years of related experience.
- In-depth knowledge and ability to apply concepts of optics and
laser physics for optical imaging systems, beam shaping, and beam
delivery is required.
- Extensive experience with optical design software (Zemax
OpticStudio or equivalents) for simulating and modeling optical
systems is strongly preferred.
- Comprehensive experience with designing and prototyping
bench-top optical systems is strongly preferred.
- Experience with digital camera technology and computer vision
- Experience with lasers, product development, or medical device
design is a plus.
- Experience with developing software (Python or equivalents) for
data acquisition and hardware control for automating repetitive
measurements is a plus.
- Basic knowledge of digital and analog electronics.Interested in
hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now"
Keywords: Jobot, San Mateo , Senior Optical Engineer, Engineering , San Mateo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!