Location: San Mateo
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Who We Are Verkada is the leader in integrated cloud-managed
enterprise building security. Verkada combines our cloud-managed
software platform with hardware powered by edge-based processing to
provide customers with a real-time view into every part of their
organization. Designed with simplicity in mind, Verkada's video
security cameras, access control and environmental sensors natively
integrate with our platform and are virtually effortless to
install, maintain, and manage across hundreds of sites. Verkada
protects more than 6,000 organizations, including more than 30+ of
the Fortune 500. Overview As the first Backend/Data Engineer on the
Marketing team you will partner with creative out-of-the-box
builders and strategists on both Marketing and Sales teams to build
the platform (database, warehouse, microservices, UI) powering
marketing and sales decisions. We exhausted the capabilities of
off-the-shelf solutions and need to build internal tools to be
ahead of competition. Responsibilities
- Build scalable reporting infra for streams -- emails, calls,
text messages, market signals.
- Setup cron jobs that clean up the data (at 3sigma quality),
trigger campaigns and alerts.
- Build high-level (Fivetran, tray.io) and low-level (own
cloud-hosted VM) integrations between SaaS applications, a data
warehouse and system-of-record database.
- Resource management: use optimal cpu/memory/disk/network
- 4+ years working experience in SWE role or equivalent.
- Mastery of Python.
- Ability to engineer fault-tolerant distributed systems that
move data around without duplicates, missed rows, within api
- Ability to self-manage time and energy.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Linux, K8s, Go / Rust / C++ / Java, web framework
(Django/Rocket/Revel/etc) preferred, but not required.
- Generalist with the focus on the backend preferred, but not
- First principles thinking, ambition, positive attitude.
- Experience working in agile teams. US Perks & Benefits
- Generous company paid medical, dental & vision insurance
- Unlimited paid time off & 11 companywide paid holidays
- Wellness allowance
- Commuter benefits
- Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
- Paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits Verkada is an
equal opportunity employer. We strive to be a welcoming place for
everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported
and connected at work. A big part of that effort is support for
members and allies of our internal communities like Women at
Verkada, Pride at Verkada, Multicultural at Verkada and Parents at
Keywords: Verkada, San Mateo , Backend/Data Engineer, Engineering , San Mateo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!