Senior Engineer - Data Engineering
Company: Jupiter Intelligence
Location: San Mateo
Posted on: January 6, 2022
About UsJupiter is the global market leader in analytics for
resilience planning and enterprise climate risk management,
especially in financial services, industrial, the public sector,
and NGOs.Jupiter is led by pioneers in data, climate, and earth and
ocean sciences, as well as technology, risk management, company
building, and public policy. Our climate risk modeling solutions
save lives and mitigate potentially catastrophic impacts inflicted
by hurricanes, floods, heat waves, wildfires, drought, and other
extreme weather events on homes, businesses, infrastructure, food
and water supplies, and entire economies.
Bringing diversity to prepare a diverse planet for our changing
Jupiter was founded on the principle that with the right approaches
and the right team, we can prepare Earth's economies to meet the
challenges associated with climate change. The world is a diverse
place; a diverse workforce in an inclusive environment is essential
to meet our goals. We go forward together.We seek new
colleagues-data scientists, physical scientists, software
engineers, company builders, and more-who share our passion for
excellence, innovation, and collaboration. Jupiter was founded on
the principle that with the right approaches and the right team, we
can prepare Earth's economies to meet the challenges associated
with climate change.
This position is in a fast-growing company created to meet the
global demand for local climate and weather information to protect
and develop assets, and to manage risk in operations. You will work
with our exceptional scientific and technical staff, with
experience in environmental modeling, impacts, and machine learning
will be part of the team deploying models in an elastic computing
Your critical responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Design, develop, implement, optimize and maintain data
engineering pipelines to Snowflake
- Be an expert in everything Snowflake and build a cloud data
warehouse for analytical and data science workload.
- Identify, prioritize and execute tasks in the software
development life cycle.
- Analyze requirements to translate into technical
- Develop high-quality software solutions that deliver the
required product features.
- Self-learn, to keep up with technologies, schedules, and
- Apply appropriate tools to analyze, identify, and resolve
- Develop and enforce coding guidelines and best practices.
- Write design documentation, user documentation and test
information as required.
- Participate in team meetings: daily stand-ups, bi-weekly sprint
reviews, design meetings.
- Work closely with product, science, and delivery teams.
- Proactively communicate status on all projects and
- Mentor junior and mid-level engineers.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 4+ years of experience with Snowflake, Snowpipe, SnowSQL and
- Precious experience with end to end implementation of Snowflake
or some similar cloud base data warehouse.
- Excellent understanding and practical experience working with
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in object-oriented design and programming.
- Proficiency in client-server architecture, containers and
- Proficiency in programming languages such as Python, Java or
- Proficiency in configuring and deploying applications on
- Knowledge and proficiency of cloud-based systems such as AWS
(EC2, S3, RDS, Lambda), GCP or Azure.
- Experience architecting solutions of distributed processing
frameworks such as Spark, Flink is a plus.
- Experience with NoSQL databases (e.g. AWS-DynamoDB, Presto or
AWS-Athena) is a plus.
- Experience with geospatial data, projections, multidimensional
data structures is a plus.
Jupiter Intelligence is an equal opportunity employer to all,
regardless of age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and
physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave,
gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information,
marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status,
national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex
(includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical
conditions), and sexual orientation.
Successful candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Keywords: Jupiter Intelligence, San Mateo , Senior Engineer - Data Engineering, Engineering , San Mateo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!