Location: San Mateo
Posted on: January 10, 2022
At Avegant, we are a unique team. Heads-down when we need to be,
we enjoy each other's company and play together as well as work
together. Each member of our team contributes in their own way to
our culture of openness, collaboration, and creativity.--
Avegant is seeking an entry-level Opto-Mechanical Engineer to
contribute to their cutting-edge near eye display technology. The
position will be filled by a highly motivated individual with 0-3
years of experience in a design and production environment.-- This
position will be responsible for designing the packaging and
mechanisms of optics for advanced vision systems. This is a great
opportunity to be a part of a revolutionary technology in a
fast-growing field. This position will work closely across our
mechanical engineering, optical and industrial design teams. This
position reports to the Director of Mechanical Engineering.
Competitive salary based on experience, stock options, full
medical, dental, vision benefits, 401k matching, unlimited PTO,
office snacks, and team lunches. The role is an in-office role, at
our dog-friendly office located in downtown San Mateo, CA, within
walking distance of Caltrain.
- Design opto-mechanical components and mechanisms to enclose,
retain, and maintain alignment of optical elements within system
- Select materials for optical bench assemblies based on optical
alignment tolerance, manufacturing tolerances, temperature
variation, and wear.
- Work with optical engineers to ensure components meet
- Support operations as a technical resource on optics
- Support--the optics development team during all engineering
builds and production ramp-ups.
- Inspect parts against engineering drawings and/or electrical
- Assemble optics and mechanical prototypes from drawings.
- Component and product prototype testing and documentation.
- Inspect products and processes for flaws and identify areas of
- Assemble, tear down, and debug prototypes.
- Produce design documentation packages for vendors including
optical and mechanical drawings with specification, tolerance, and
special process steps.
- Travel overseas.
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent experience) in mechanical
engineering, optical engineering, or in a related field of
- 0-3 years of experience in both design and manufacturing of
optical systems for consumer electronics products.
- Proficiency with using 3D modeling and 2D drafting with
SolidWorks or similar CAD software.
- Familiarity with optical design software is a plus.
Avegant is a well-funded, venture-backed technology company
developing next-generation display technology to enable previously
impossible augmented reality experiences. We are pioneering
innovative hardware and software solutions that will forever change
how we learn, play, work and interact with each other. We've won
multiple awards, our team is best in class, and we're just getting
Avegant is about the journey of innovation, together as a team.
Interested in joining us? Send a pdf of your resume to
Keywords: Avegant, San Mateo , Opto-Mechanical Engineer, Engineering , San Mateo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!