Deployment Automation Engineer (San Mateo)
Company: Alluxio, Inc.
Location: San Mateo
Posted on: January 19, 2023
Proven at global web scale in production for modern data
services, Alluxio is the developer of open-source data
orchestration software for the cloud. Alluxio is in production use
today at eight out of the top ten internet companies. -Our mission
is to be the data orchestration layer for the cloud. As customers
continuously push the envelope for ways to extract value from data,
Alluxio is driving innovation in data access and management for
large scale distributed systems. Alluxio (a.k.a Tachyon Nexus), a
project from AMPLab like Apache Spark and Mesos, is charging full
steam to help customers navigate the digital transformation.
Alluxio is in production use today at seven out of the top ten
internet companies. Venture-backed by Andreessen Horowitz and Seven
Seas Partners, Alluxio was founded at UC Berkeley's AMPLab by the
creators of the Tachyon open-source project. Proven at global
web-scale in production for modern data services, Alluxio is the
developer of open-source data orchestration software for the cloud.
Alluxio moves data closer to big data and machine learning compute
frameworks in any cloud across clusters, regions, clouds and
countries, providing memory-speed data access to files and objects.
Intelligent data tiering and data management deliver consistently
high performance to customers in financial services, high tech,
retail and telecommunications. Alluxio has received numerous
accolades, including recently being named: One of the 20 Coolest
Cloud Software Companies of 2021. Our customers include Uber,
Tiktok, Expedia, Rakuten, Microsoft, Comcast, and more! Please
review our Wikipedia to learn more about us! Join our world-class
team of empathetic, enthusiastic and creative people who can work
on some of the toughest big data problems. About The Role:
- Alluxio's critical use cases involve integrations with an
enormous number of storage systems and compute frameworks.
- Engineers across the entire company, both within engineering
and sales, need the capability to deploy these complex scenarios on
demand in the shortest amount of time.
- Our internal deployment infrastructure automates all these
steps, exposing the deployment, configuration, and job execution of
these clusters generically for other engineers to build their use
- The infrastructure also serves as the backbone for benchmarking
the performance of Alluxio.As the Senior Deployment Automation
Engineer at Alluxio, You Will Be Able to Build and Own:
- You will own the development process from start to finish
- Have a deep understanding of the motivations behind the issues
to solve with the product team
- You will design and implement solutions with other engineers
and support the features and tools once they are deployed
- Have the ability to learn and execute independently while
operating in cloud-based environments is a must to keep up with our
- Responsible for aspects of delivering the Alluxio project as a
product into the hands of our usersAs the Senior Deployment
Automation Engineer at Alluxio, What We are Looking For:
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study
or equivalent practical experience.
- 2+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Experience with programming in Golang and/or Java, or similar
- Familiarity with cloud providers (ex. AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Familiarity with cloud deployment tools and services (ex.
Terraform preferably, AWS EMR, GCP dataproc)
- Familiarity with one or more of the following areas:
performance benchmarking, distributed systems, and/or enterprise
- A growing startup mentality of doing whatever it takes to: get
things done the right way, figure out problems independently, and
share your passion with everyone taking part in the same
journeyBenefits and Perks We Offer:
- Unlimited PTO
- Amazing Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans
- Commuter Benefits ($50+)
- Everyday Catered Lunch and Dinner
- Boba Thursday
- Frequent Company Outings and Trips Alluxio is an equal
opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the
basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender
identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual
orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age,
membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental
status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Keywords: Alluxio, Inc., San Mateo , Deployment Automation Engineer (San Mateo), Engineering , San Mateo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!