Company: BigHat Biosciences
Location: San Mateo
Posted on: January 23, 2023
The role: BigHat Biosciences is seeking a highly-motivated
Automation Engineer to join our growing team. This position will
cross-functionally contribute to the development and scaling of
automated workflows within BigHat's state-of-the-art antibody
engineering platform. Key Responsibilities
- Contribute to the development of high-throughput automated
assay processes, spanning a variety of technologies within drug and
- Program a variety of laboratory automation instruments and
- Contribute to the design and development of BigHat's integrated
workcells, with an eye for orders-of-magnitude capacity increase,
cost reduction, and increased reliability.
- Lead troubleshooting efforts, analyze existing workflows,
identify bottlenecks, and develop innovative solutions geared for
robustness and capacity.
- Collaborate with software engineering and LIMS teams on
building and implementing end-to-end integrated workflows
leveraging BigHat's cutting-edge software stack.
- Support design and documentation of equipment validation and
qualification efforts. Preferred Qualifications
- BS or MS degree in engineering or science in engineering,
biochemistry, or related scientific field, with 2+ years of
relevant industry experience.
- Experience programming or operating automated liquid handling
systems, from conception through all phases of development and
implementation. Experience with Hamilton and/or OpenTrons platforms
preferred but not required.
- Experience with standard molecular biology and cell biology
techniques and/or experience automating drug discovery processes
- Functional knowledge in experimental design, bench execution,
process documentation, and data analysis.
- Strong communication skills, and ability to work with people of
diverse backgrounds (protein scientists, research associates, data
scientists, software engineers, etc.) to scope, develop, and
- Thrives in a fluid, dynamic start-up environment and enjoys
building capabilities from the ground up. At BigHat we believe in
titles that are commensurate with skill set, relative
organizational impact, and value contribution; more experienced
candidates are encouraged to apply, with the understanding that a
more senior set of responsibilities may result in a more senior
Keywords: BigHat Biosciences, San Mateo , Automation Engineer, Engineering , San Mateo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!