IT/Technology Change Manager (ITSM)
Company: Fisher Investments
Location: San Mateo
Posted on: March 28, 2020
It's an exciting time to join Fisher Investments; we're investing
heavily in the future of our firm's technology and information
security. Our business is growing internationally, which emphasizes
the need to build an unparalleled team that drives future global
growth and scale through strategic solutions and continuous
innovation. We play a foundational role in supporting our firm's
diverse businesses, and we're excited to continue solidifying that
foundation as we add more talented technologists to our Technology
We are currently looking for a qualified IT/Technology Change
Manager (ITSM) for a contract-to-hire or direct hire opportunity.
This position can sit in our Camas, WA, (near Portland, OR) office,
our San Mateo, CA, (near San Francisco, CA) office, or our Plano,
TX, (near Dallas, TX) office.
Reporting to the Team Lead of IT Service Management & Delivery, the
role of the IT Change Manager is to liaise between the IT
Infrastructure department and other IT and business units to
effectively manage and IT Change delivery. The IT Change Manager
has deep knowledge pertaining to Enterprise wide IT Change
Management principles and best practices, aligned to the ITIL
framework. They are the owner of the Change Management service.
This role will be responsible for orchestrating all IT Change
Management activities, tools, and ensuring that the formal process
is followed consistently. This includes reviewing incoming change
requests, scheduling changes and owning the change calendar,
chairing the weekly change review board meetings, resolving
conflicts, post change follow up, and ensuring that other standard
operating procedures are followed. The IT Change Manager will also
work with the Team Leader to suggest improvements to mature the
Change Management process and provide additional value to the
business. This may include linking the Change Management process to
the CMDB for better impact analysis and notifications.
The Change Manager will be serving as a Senior Analyst and this
role is critical in ensuring IT changes are managed and planned
thoughtfully, with the least possible disruption to the business,
while supporting the firm in the evolving technology landscape at
an enterprise level.
- Manages the day-to-day service management and delivery of IT
Change Management to all stakeholders, including the toolset(s)
used through the Change Management process (e.g. ServiceNow, Jira,
- Documents and maintains the Change Management policy, processes
- Analyzes complex services, covering a diverse range of
technologies and 3rd party suppliers, to ensure that proposed
requests for changes (RFCs) are safe and fit for purpose and
include documentation of change impacts, back-out plans, test
plans, and resource requirements.
- Ensures break/fix changes are documented and implemented.
- Coordinates and chairs the Change Review Board meetings to
discuss higher risk changes.
- Has authority to accept or reject changes and works to gain
consensus when possible.
- Ensures that change policies and procedures are well defined,
documented, reviewed, and applied across all stakeholder
- Prepares Change Summary Sheet that summarizes all RFCs (request
for changes) that is used during the change review board
- Convenes an Emergency Change Review meeting or facilitates the
processing of Emergency Changes, including post change follow up
activities and documentation.
- Acts as the main point of contact for change requestors or
change initiators to liaise during the entire Change Management
- Designs and implements standard change procedures for the
distribution and installation of patches and other routine
- Take the lead in ensuring that the IT teams meets the service
metrics, including performance measures and quality of the service
- Manages the identification, definition and formalization of
service requirements and measurements via SLAs, OLAs and other
relevant metrics, including reports and dashboards.
- Collaborate proactively and closely with IT teams to convey the
service vision, continuously monitor, refine, verify that the
service fulfills that vision (as measured by customer value and
business outcomes) and help the team to ensure service is
continuously improved and matured.
- Manage and maintain a full service life cycle perspective, and
work to balance short-term achievements with long-term goals (such
as minimizing technical debt while maximizing resiliency).
- Typically has at least 10+ years of IT work experience and with
5+ years' experience in IT Change Management and Delivery function
in an environment similar in size and complexity.
- Experience with Change Management tools such as ServiceNow
(SNOW) as well as general Infrastructure and Operations
technologies used to support an Enterprise organization.
- Demonstrable and recent experience in owning and running a
fully operational IT Change Management practice or function at an
- Coaches, mentors and motivate more junior service delivery
staff to increase service and staff performance, end-user
satisfaction, and employee satisfaction.
- Proactively and actively engages with all other stakeholders
and team involved in the services to ensure maximum adherence to
agreed service metrics, while aiming for improvement of service and
staff performance, end-user satisfaction and collaboration among IT
- Collaborate closely with IT teams, enable and share a common,
customer-centric culture with the teams and apply common methods to
drive excellence in the role or function.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems,
business administration or other related field preferred.
- ITIL Foundation Certification v3 or v4 - minimum or
demonstrable expertise in IT Change Management that aligns to the
ITIL framework required.
Why Fisher Investments:
Fisher Investments is a different kind of investment firm. We don't
come from Wall Street, nor do we believe we fit in with most of the
finance industry, and we're proud of that. We work for a bigger
purpose: bettering the investment universe. From unmatched service
to innovative perspectives on investing, it's the people that make
the Fisher purpose possible. After all, it's our people that enable
us to offer the level of service that we do. And we invest in them
accordingly, offering exceptional benefits like:
- 100% coverage of premiums for health, vision and dental
- A 50% 401(k) match, up to the IRS maximum
- 20 days of PTO*, plus 9 paid holidays
- 8 week paid Primary Caregiver Parental Leave
- And much, much more
We also provide a cumulative, continuous learning and development
framework customized for every employee. This emphasis on personal
and professional growth has yielded an award-winning work
environment; we're Great Place to Work Certified, and The Oregonian
named us as a Top Workplace.
But in the end, it's not the perks that keep people here. They stay
because they believe in our mission of service-our employees want
to make a difference in an industry that can do better.
* California employees accrue up to 17 days of PTO and 3 days of
sick time per year.
FISHER INVESTMENTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Keywords: Fisher Investments, San Mateo , IT/Technology Change Manager (ITSM), Executive , San Mateo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!