Senior Product Manager - Consumer
Company: Freedom Financial
Location: San Mateo
Posted on: January 13, 2021
*WHO WE ARE:*
Voted one of the Top 100 Fastest Growing Companies in the Bay Area
for 2020, Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that
takes a people-first approach to financial services, using
technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a
brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad
Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to
helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both
the customer and the business. This Heart + $ philosophy still
guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions
of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with 2 people in a spare bedroom has now rapidly
expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 2,400 employees
(known internally as The Freedom Family) in two locations: San
Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices,
you'll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to
Work for the last several years. It's a place where the Heart + $
philosophy continues to thrive, where we believe that success is
only achieved by doing what's right for our customers, our
employees, and our communities.
In order to create brighter futures for our clients, employees, and
businesses, Freedom Financial Network holds itself to four core
values that have grown out of our Heart + $ philosophy: to *care*
for everyone around us, *act with integrity* every time,
*collaborate* with everybody we work with, and *get better* at what
we do every day.
* THE OPPORTUNITY:*
We are looking for a consumer-focused Product Manager to join our
Product team to drive forward a rapidly growing product . We have a
tremendous opportunity to re-invent the consumer journey to attract
and acquire consumers across multiple channels. In this role, you
will partner with the marketing team to drive growth through our
digital channels and innovate to find creative solutions to engage
consumers across devices.
Product management at Freedom Financial Network provides thought
leadership for vision and strategy. As a product manager, you will
define your roadmap, and will have full ownership of it. You will
work closely with engineering, design, analytics and data science,
to execute on your roadmap and help consumers get to financial
We are looking for an entrepreneurial, proactive and passionate
Product Manager to innovate and execute on our next generation
products and experiences.
* THE ROLE:*
* Be the consumer voice and become the consumer advocate -
understand Freedom's consumers wants and needs and their pain
points across the journey
* Understand Freedom Financial Network's strategic and competitive
position to acquire traffic and headspear growth and
* Define the roadmap, set the team's goals, strategic direction,
success metrics and roadmap to develop new products that are
aligned with Freedom's mission and drive maximum impact based on
data analysis, market research and usability studies.
* Drive experimentation with both quantitative and qualitative
research and A/B testing
* Understand design including design thinking and service design as
you will work closely with the design team to conceptualize the
consumer journey and deliver new experiences
* Completely own your team's products, existing or new, across the
lifecycle - from ideation, through agile development, to launch,
growth and maintenance. Establish the proper frameworks to
constantly measure and improve.
* Communicate clearly to all levels - roadmaps, priorities,
experiments and decisions across a wide spectrum of audiences.
* Lead and align cross functional partners and teams: engineers,
designers, analysts, marketers, business partners and operations to
drive a shared vision.
* Must have 4+ years of Product Management experience, with at
least 3 as a consumer facing PM.
* Strong customer empathy and previous experience working on
customer-facing product flows.
* Strong execution ability and experience taking a concept from
idea to launch
* Experience leading post-launch optimizations including developing
testing strategies with at least 2 years of experience with A/B
* You are independent, with a natural ability to make things happen
around you. You manage project ambiguity, complexity, and
interdependencies in an organized and structured way. Be able to
define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products.
* Excellent judgment and thoughtfulness about the dynamics of a
* Ability to conceptualize, manage, and prioritize multiple
projects for stakeholders.
* Detail oriented with organizational skills -- balancing multiple
projects, deadlines, and requests should be second nature to
* Strong communication skills and intuition for communication
strategy at every level -- within teams, within the company, to
users, and other audiences.
* An academic background in Computer Science or related
* Experience with both iOS and Android platform development a
* UI/UX experience a plus
* CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values):*
* *Care (for everyone): *We show compassion and contribute to the
well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products
that improve the financial lives of our clients.
* *Act with Integrity (every time): *We take the right action even
when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our
employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be
* *Get Better (every day): *We innovate, iterate, and improve each
day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn
and recover from failures.
* *COLLABORATE (with everybody): *We strive to work together toward
a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting
participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and
embrace healthy, constructive debate.
* Attention Agencies & Search Firms:* We do not accept unsolicited
candidate resumes or profiles. Please do not reach out to anyone
within Freedom Financial Network (FFN) to market your services or
candidates. All inquiries should be directed to Talent Acquisition
only. We reserve the right to hire any candidates sent unsolicited
and will not pay any fees without a contract signed by FFN's Talent
Keywords: Freedom Financial, San Mateo , Senior Product Manager - Consumer, Executive , San Mateo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!