Director of Revenue
Company: Guidewire Software
Location: San Mateo
Posted on: January 11, 2022
Our revenue team plays an integral role with regard to
Guidewire's current operations, our growth objectives, and the
broader finance organization. Revenue assurance has an important
seat at the table with the CFO, CAO, Deals desk, Sales Operation
and the Sales leadership team as it relates to deals, new products,
licensing, and business model expansion. We operate throughout the
world today with plans to drive our growth through organic
initiatives as well as acquisitions and partnerships. Our revenue
team continues to evolve as we strive to meet the demands of a
growing company. The revenue team has the opportunities to
influence the long term direction of the company including how we
license and sell our on premise software, consulting services, and
our various cloud services. Position The Director of Revenue will
be a key member of the Revenue Accounting team and will report
directly to the Senior Director of Revenue. As a top candidate, you
should have a desire to learn and analyze complex revenue
transactions using your understanding of Software and SaaS revenue
recognition (ASC 606) and also possess leadership and managerial
skills. This role will manage and mentor members of the Revenue
Accounting Team and be part of the Revenue Team leadership
responsible for developing and growing a world class team as the
company continues to grow. Leadership & Process Excellence
- Experience in creating an environment where people want to
achieve their best. You should be able to motivate direct reports,
team or project members and have a keen sense on how to assess
individuals or a team to ensure you are maximizing their potential.
Experience should include specific examples of growing/developing a
team via your management approach to help develop competency and
empowering others to make decisions.
- Your Leadership style should not only include our three
principles, but be one of collaboration, partnership and
inclusions, as well as the ability and willingness to recognize
both individual and team contributions that are important to the
overall success of the team. In essence, be a person that you would
want to work for who encourages, motivates, knows how to challenge
others all while leading by example.
- Proven ability to deliver and drive to results in measurable
and defined ways.
- Process management excellence - Resourceful in creating or fine
tuning the processes necessary to complete the work along with the
ability to organize people and activities. Not necessarily a
micromanager but an empowering leader who can picture and
articulate what needs to be accomplished and how to separate or
combine tasks into efficient work flows for scalability.
- Understands personal productivity and how to measure it and see
synergy and integration where others can't as a solution provider,
not a task master. Simplifies complex processes, get more out of
- Exceptional problem solver - uses rigorous logic and methods to
solve problems and is excellent at honest analysis. Doesn't stop at
first answers rather he/she will strive to seek the correct
- Strong business acumen - can identify risk and
- An efficient multi-tasker - we're a remote team, can marshal
resources and orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish
their goal. Revenue Recognition Subject Matter Expert
- You will provide technical revenue recognition guidance in
accordance with our existing revenue policy, ASC 606 and in
accordance to U.S. GAAP in order to properly recognize revenue.
Will also serve as one of the primary contacts for all technical
- Partner with the Deal Desk team to provide revenue recognition
guidance during contract negotiations.
- Partner with the Business (Sales, Legal, Product, and Pricing
teams) to provide revenue guidance/consideration with respect to
our growing product offering.
- Manage and own the contract revenue write-up process and
partner with our external auditors to ensure the accuracy of our
revenue is maintained.
- Work closely with the FP&A team as it relates to revenue
- Perform technical guidance (ASC 606) research and provide
solutions/options to new and complex issues.
- As specific revenue matters develop prepare technical revenue
memos and work with our external auditors to ensure they are
discussed and signed off in a timely manner.
- Manage and update our existing revenue recognition
- Review, analyze and update 10Q/K Revenue, deferred revenue
sections etc. to ensure compliance with industry reporting
standards, U.S. GAAP and SEC requirements. -
- Create/update training material and provide ongoing training to
cross-functional organization members on revenue related
- Assist with other accounting projects/areas as necessary
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Economics, or Finance.
- 8+ years of experience with a combination of Big 4 accounting
and industry/corporate accounting.
- Strong software and SaaS revenue recognition knowledge in the
areas of ASC 606, and related revenue recognition pronouncements
under US GAAP.
- Experience with a high-growth and fast-paced company, ideally
in the Software industry.
- -Experience with multiple business models such as SaaS,
on-premise licenses, and services.
- CPA preferred, but not required.
- Great interpersonal skills to collaborate with different
individuals across the organization.
- Ability to collaborate and partner with all levels of
management and be able to relate to their needs and
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. -
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks in a
- Great organization skills, to be able to manage and prioritize
several different activities in parallel.
- Ability to roll-up sleeves and work with team members in a
hands-on management capacity as required. #featured About Guidewire
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage,
innovate, and grow efficiently. Guidewire combines core, data,
digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud
service. More than 400 insurers, including the largest and most
complex in the world, run on Guidewire. As a partner to our
customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are
proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 1000+
successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and
partner ecosystem in the industry. Our Marketplace provides
hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and
innovation. Guidewire Software, Inc. is proud to be an equal
opportunity and affirmative action employer. We are committed to an
inclusive workplace, and believe that a diversity of perspectives,
abilities, and cultures is a key to our success. Qualified
applicants will receive consideration without regard to race,
color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship,
marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, veteran status, or disability. All offers are
contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background
checks where it's applicable to the position. Disability
Accommodations and Guidewire's Appeals Process. Guidewire provides
accommodations to the hiring process to create a fair opportunity
for candidates with disabilities to contend for open positions.
Accommodation requests should be directed to (650) 356-4940 or
Accommodations@guidewire.com . If things do not go as hoped, we
invite you to use our appeals process. Guidewire promises to
independently review any denied accommodation and any decision not
to offer you the position. The appeals process is the same in
either case. Within five business days of receiving a notice of
denial of an accommodation, or receiving a notice of your
non-selection for a vacancy, call (650) 356-4940 or e-mail
Accommodations@guidewire.com to make an appeal. Guidewire will
assign a new decision-maker to review the request and/or hiring
decision, who will then notify you in writing of a decision within
10 business days.
Keywords: Guidewire Software, San Mateo , Director of Revenue, Executive , San Mateo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!