Director of Demand Generation
Location: San Mateo
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Director, Demand Generation
Armory simplifies progressive delivery to multiple targets at scale
so application development teams can easily automate, repeat and
observe deployments into production. Armory delivers this through
Armory Enterprise, an enterprise-grade platform that integrates key
Spinnaker OSS functionality with proprietary Armory features. Data
shows that this is a growing need for enterprise companies as they
continue to grow and scale.
As the leader of our demand generation function, you will be
responsible for driving awareness and interest in Armories products
and services and will be responsible for setting and meeting goals
around opportunities and performance. While you will manage a small
team of contractors to help deliver, you must be a
roll-up-your-sleeves type person who loves continuous improvement
through a data-driven lens.
This is a critical role for Armory as we continue to grow and
expand our portfolio with new and innovative products.
- You will develop, execute, monitor, and measure campaigns to
drive qualified leads into sales opportunities. In order to be
successful at this you must be able to:
- Oversee the planning, development, and execution of demand
creation programs, strategies, and sales plays to generate
engagement and interest from prospects in our ideal customer
- Help develop and validate personas and communications to these
mixes, including the creation of new personas.
- Monitor, measure, and analyze the performance of the marketing
mix and run lots of experiments to test and optimize across
personas, programs, and campaigns.
- Be able to write engaging, accurate, and on-brand content for
- Accelerate prospects through the marketing and sales funnel to
generate qualified opportunities that ultimately lead to revenue
objectives for the company.
- Work closely with others across the organization to drive fully
integrated campaigns and optimize the impact and reach of
activities like product launches, as well as with Marketing and
Sales Ops to enable and provide accurate reporting and the ability
to effectively track, monitor, and analyze all demand gen
activities and their ROI.
- Create and deliver on plans across multiple channels to drive
compelling offers targeted at various personas and stages of the
funnel in established and new markets
- Partner with in house Sales Development Manager and Sales
Development Reps to align, train, observe, test and validate demand
- Report and share with transparency the demand generation
Traits You Possess
- Data and results-driven mindset with the ability to understand
and measure business impact while driving multiple projects
- Good working knowledge and hands-on experience with the tools
in the Martech stack, including Salesforce, Marketo, Bizible,
Drift, Uberflip, advertising platforms, data providers, intent
platforms, content marketing tools, and good old spreadsheets.
- Familiarity with building and optimizing account-based
- Fantastic can-do attitude, with a willingness to dive in and do
the work yourself when needed
- Organization and attention to detail are critical as are strong
writing and communication skills
- Understanding of the buyer's journey and marketing funnel
- Ability to forecast the marketing funnel to ensure campaigns
are measured and optimized across the buying cycle and align with
- A knack for presenting results in consumable formats, including
dashboards, reports, and data visualizations
- A clear thinker and communicator with excellent written and
oral communication skills, and a proven problem solver, able to
discern the crux of an issue and use good judgment in recommending
- First-rate project management, teamwork, interpersonal, and
relationship management skills; comfort interacting at all levels
of the organization
- Demonstrated leadership skills with your team and your peers,
resilience in the face of natural change in a fast-moving start-up
environment, and creative skills for envisioning new solutions and
Ideal Work Experience
- Hands-on, proven experience defining, crafting, building,
executing, and optimizing demand gen campaigns across multiple
channels and platforms, including email campaigns, engagement and
nurturing, advertising, online events, sales enablement, trade
shows, and more.
- Successful management of contractors and agencies.
- Previous ABM, A/B testing, and enterprise B2B experience
- Experience marketing to a technical audience
- Ideally, you have experience at companies commercializing
open-source projects and/or at companies marketing complex
technical solutions for application development, IT operations,
cloud infrastructure management, or DevOps to Enterprise
- Experience as an individual contributor as well as a manager in
a demand gen role
Why join Armory?
Armory is a Series C startup backed by B-Capital, Insight,
Crosslink Capital, Y Combinator (W17), Bain Capital, and Javelin
Venture Partners based in San Mateo, CA. With Armory & Spinnaker
developers are empowered to deploy their code with increased
safety, resilience, velocity, and compliance, to any production
target on prem or in the cloud.
Spinnaker is the world's most powerful continuous delivery
platform, developed and open sourced by Netflix and Google, and
battle-tested in production by hundreds of the world's leading
enterprises. Spinnaker is an open source platform with a modern,
developer-friendly view of software delivery. It is target
agnostic, so teams can instantly deploy their code at scale to any
and all clouds using a single, golden path to production.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all
qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance
or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please
contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Armory is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in
our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry,
color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression,
genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national
origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation,
protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including
pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected
Keywords: Armory, San Mateo , Director of Demand Generation, Executive , San Mateo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!