Account Manager III, Bay Area Large Group
Company: Kaiser Permanente
Location: San Mateo
Posted on: May 7, 2022
Responsible for retention, increased membership, and the sale of
new products and services for existing accounts in assigned book of
business to achieve membership, revenue and margin targets. Creates
and executes a business plan that positions KP to optimize our
opportunities across book of business. Develops and implements
marketing/account/book of business strategies which enhance Kaiser
Permanentes position in the market. Leads the work of account teams
and account support to ensure the execution of effective sales
strategies. Develops strategic partnerships to optimize account
- Develops and executes account and/or book of business plans to
ensure attainment of book-specific goals.
- Leads the development and execution of Strategic Account Plans
to ensure attainment of book-specific goals.
- Develops ongoing member enrollment strategies to achieve growth
- Meets or exceeds assigned retention and growth targets for
existing accounts in assigned Book of Business.
- Positions the organization competitively to ensure optimal
membership growth and to protect against losses.
- Identifies, capitalizes and close on cross sell
- Analyzes and improves the risk position in a group.
- Presents issues to executives in the form of a business case,
which assesses membership and financial impact along with other
- Develops 365 strategies and Open Enrollment engagement plans to
achieve growth targets.
- Collaborates with stakeholders to develop and execute territory
and account management sales plans and strategies.
- Obtains, utilizes and accurately analyzes key competitive data
for management in a timely manner that facilitates achieving
desired account results.
- Identifies and analyzes current industry and competitor trends,
and applies knowledge of marketplace to account planning
- Identifies and coordinates marketing, management and technical
resources to achieve existing account sales plan
- Contribute to competitively positioning KP in the
- Recommends and negotiates the strategy and changes with
customers by offering a range of tailored options to meet the
various needs of all constituents, as applicable.
- Develops strategic partnerships to continuously improve our
business relationships with our customers to optimize the growth
potential in each account.
- Collaborates with Sales Executives/Manager to maintain positive
relationships with external stakeholders.
- Builds and maintains broker and/or channel partnerships to
increase business potential.
- Initiates and leads account specific strategy development with
- Initiates and facilitates KP executives collaboration to reach
agreements on recommended strategic issues and policies related to
- Strategically consults with customer channels on all components
of their health benefits strategy/offering.
- Develop and execute account plans to ensure attainment of
- Develops and executes demonstrations and training to teach
employers and brokers KP online technology to maximize of all KP
- Proficiently leverages use of supporting staff including
Associate Account Managers to optimize sales execution and time
management between membership and employer focused
- If Occupational Health:
- Develops ongoing strategies and engagement plans to achieve
- Presents issues to executives in the form of a business case,
which assesses financial impact along with other relevant
- Minimum four (4) years in sales, account management, health
plan administration or related experience.
- If Occupational Health: Minimum four (4) years of experience in
workers compensation processes, products, and contracts.
- Bachelors degree in marketing, finance, business administration
or related degree OR four (4) years of sales, account management,
health plan administration or related experience.
- If Occupational Health: Bachelors degree in finance, business
administration,risk management and insurance, nursing OR four (4)
years of experience in business development, risk management,
- Accident and Health Insurance License (California) within 3
months of hire
- Experienced in meeting individual business objectives.
- Outstanding customer service skills with the ability to
articulate and respond to highly complex issues.
- Advanced computer and analytic skills, including experience
creating client presentations using Microsoft Office programs and
use of client databases.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and persuasion
- Effective account management skills.
- Expertise in handling difficult client issues related to health
plan services, policies and procedures.
- Complete understanding of and experience with employee group
- Knowledge of health care industry, understanding of
current/future trends and changes in laws/regulations.
- Knowledge and understanding of competitors strengths,
weaknesses and strategies.
- If Occupational Health: Expertise in handling difficult client
issues related to workers compensation services, policies and
- If Occupational Health: Knowledge of occupational health care
industry, understanding of current/future trends and changes in
- Three (3) years of experience in strategic planning dealing
with high-levels of issue complexity.
- Three (3) years of experience working with senior-level
managers and demonstrating progressively increasing responsibility
for relationship management and consultation.
- Three (3) years of experience in underwriting processes,
healthcare products, and contracts.
- Two (2) years of experience in the health care
- If Labor and Trust: One (1) year of experience managing labor
and trust relationships.
- MHA, MPH, or MBA.
PrimaryLocation : California,San Mateo,Redwood City Norfolk
HoursPerWeek : 40
Shift : Day
Workdays : Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri
WorkingHoursStart : 08:30 AM
WorkingHoursEnd : 05:00 PM
Job Schedule : Full-time
Job Type : Standard
Employee Status : Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation : NUE-PO-01-NUE-Non Union
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Job Category : Sales and Marketing,Sales & Marketing
Department : San Mateo Area Marketing Offc - Grp Reltn-Area Account
Mgmt - 7016
Travel : Yes, 25 % of the Time
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a
diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation,
national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry,
disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information,
other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or
any other protected status.
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente, San Mateo , Account Manager III, Bay Area Large Group, Executive , San Mateo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!