Associate Director, Real-World Data Programmer
Company: Gilead Sciences, Inc.
Location: San Mateo
Posted on: May 12, 2022
As an member of the CDS-RWE Analytics group, the RWD Analyst
reports directly Head of RWE Analytics and is responsible for the
design and conduct of statistical analyses of RWD to assess the
value of Gilead therapies and perform data visualization and QCs
TFLs to communicate results to internal stakeholders with Gilead
Sciences. The RWD Analyst will align with the MAR Therapeutic Area
(TA)-aligned Lead to conduct timely, relevant and rigorous analysis
of RWD to address critical research questions, as well as
collaborate with CDS to develop, refine, and scale data management
and analytic procedures, systems, workflows, best practices, and
other issues.Key Responsibilities
- Utilise internal databases such as electronic medical records,
charts, health claims, the patient reported outcomes, registries
and publicly available data to execute inhouse analytical projects,
data mining, secondary data analysis, and digital solutions
- QC programming for descriptive and complex studies using
- Conduct analyses and develop specifications for descriptive and
complex statistics in studies using RWD.
- Write the statistical analysis plan (SAP) for descriptive and
complex studies using RWD, including from internal Gilead-sponsored
prospective cohort studies, claims, charge master and EHR in
collaboration with MAR TA lead
- Understand methods and programming to support Comparative
Effectiveness Research (CER) analyses, as well as analyses of
patient-reported outcomes (PRO) or other patient outcome data
- Develop and QC TFLs for protocols/reports/manuscripts from RWE
research conducted to assess the value of Gilead therapies using
RWD (e.g. claims and EHR)
- Work with MAR researchers to generate code lists for new
measures in RWD
- Perform programming, testing, mapping, and documentation of RWD
projects to meet business needs.
- Work with Observational study teams to provide technical
expertise to ensure RWD specifications and statistical analysis
plans are designed with scientific rigour and that appropriate
research methods are used to answer the research of business
- Critically review the analytic approach and results on an
ongoing basis considering design assumptions and limitations.
- Conduct periodic reviews of external databases for relevance to
the Gilead Sciences and appropriateness for addressing RWD
needs.Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Master's degree (e.g. MA, MSc, MPH) in Biostatistics,
Epidemiology or related discipline, such as Outcomes Research from
an accredited institution, with a minimum of eight (8) years of
relevant, post-graduation experience.
- Doctoral level training with a minimum of two (2) years of
relevant experience is preferred. Direct experience in lieu of
academic training is acceptable.
- Knowledge of real-world data and experience in observational
research study design, execution and communication.
- Strong track record of analysis of a broad range of RWD.
- Formal training in Programming and demonstrated proficiency in
statistical analysis programs commonly used in life sciences (e.g.
- Understanding of epidemiology or outcomes research and the
application of retrospective or prospective studies to generate
- Ability to effectively communicate statistical methodology and
- Ability to work effectively in a constantly changing, diverse,
and matrix environment.
- Knowledge of US secondary data sources required; additional
experience with international data sources is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in qualitative analysis and data sets
(e.g., free-text natural language processing, survey data) is
preferred.For jobs in the United States:As an equal opportunity
employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce.
Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be
made without discrimination based on race, color, religion,
national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or
mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender
identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related
characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable
federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable
accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the
Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment
Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of
1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application
process may contact for assistance.Following extensive monitoring,
research, consideration of business implications and advice from
internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to
require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19
vaccines as a condition of employment. "Full vaccination" is
defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two
weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone
unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held
religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents
them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable
accommodation.---For more information about equal employment
opportunity protections, please view the 'EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE
FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION
PROVISION Our environment respects individual differences and
recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our
workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who
make up our growing team.Gilead provides a work environment free of
harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support
individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.For
Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:Please log onto your
Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
Keywords: Gilead Sciences, Inc., San Mateo , Associate Director, Real-World Data Programmer, Executive , San Mateo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!