Sr Manager, Commercial Contracting
Company: Gilead Sciences, Inc.
Location: San Mateo
Posted on: May 14, 2022
The Sr. Manager will have responsibility and oversight of the
Managed Care Rebate team's day to day operations. Making sure
contracting is accurate, on-time and payments are adjudicated to
ensure patient access. This oversight includes agreements within
managed care organizations, PBM's, and Integrated Delivery
Networks. The Sr. Manager will also be responsible for the
following duties and tasks.Mgt Knowledge:
- Strong People and project management skills
- Strong knowledge of pharmaceutical order process and customer
- Ability to resolve complex/escalated issues.
- Recognizes and interpret business issues/opportunities and
recommend solutions through analysis.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills with an
emphasis on time management, follow-through, and issue resolution
- Critical thinking and analysis skills are required.
- Must have the ability to multi-task in a deadline intensive
- Proficiency in Tableau, Model N, Validata, Microsoft Excel,
PowerPoint and Word.Commercial Contracting Knowledge:
- Knowledge of relevant commercial programs, managed care
pharmacy benefit programs and relevant regulations that affect
contract management and claims processing is required
- Government Pricing & Contracting
- Data management skills and the ability to analyze information
to provide relevant and reliable data are required
- Customer service management skills requiredSpecific Education &
- 6+ years of related experience in biotech or pharmaceuticals
industry and a BS or BA degree.Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Provides direct supervision to lower level employees.
- Reviews, approves, audits payment packages on timely consistent
- Recommends process improvements to department management and
resolves escalated issues.
- Effectively liaises with external customers or vendors to
ensure satisfactory services levels and resolve issues.
- Builds relationships with senior management and
- Establishes business relationships internally and externally of
the department to facilitate current and future needs.
- Assists with developing, implementing and complying with
standardized departmental operating procedures and Implements
specific policies and procedures to comply with local
- Follows Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) related to pricing
- Help create an inclusive environment where people can speak up
and share diverse perspectives, a difficult message, or contrary
opinion without fear (psychological safety) to support a respectful
and transparent work environment for allCommercial Contracting
- Tracks all payments and reviews to ensure data captured from
internal and external sources is accurate and loaded in the correct
- Ensures compliance with all commercial program rules,
regulations, and legislation affiliated with these programs within
the scope of eligibility maintenance and the administration and
processing of rebates.
- Understands basic requirements of Government Pricing and impact
of commercial contracting decisions.
- Coordinates effectively with other MSO team membersFor jobs in
the United States:As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences
Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions
regarding recruitment and selection will be made without
discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin,
gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability,
genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and
expression, veteran status, or other non-job related
characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable
federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable
accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the
Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment
Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of
1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application
process may contact for assistance.Following extensive monitoring,
research, consideration of business implications and advice from
internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to
require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19
vaccines as a condition of employment. "Full vaccination" is
defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two
weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone
unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held
religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents
them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable
accommodation.---For more information about equal employment
opportunity protections, please view the 'EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE
FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION
PROVISION Our environment respects individual differences and
recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our
workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who
make up our growing team.Gilead provides a work environment free of
harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support
individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.For
Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:Please log onto your
Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
Keywords: Gilead Sciences, Inc., San Mateo , Sr Manager, Commercial Contracting, Executive , San Mateo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!