Location: San Mateo
Posted on: January 14, 2023
Responsible for the management of the assigned principals' business
(division and/or geographic), within designated "customer
accounts". - Primary responsibility includes increasing sales and
market share of the brands represented, while earning a profit for
our manufacturers and Acosta.
- Deliver principals' objectives to include volume and sales
fundamentals (merchandising, assortment, pricing and shelving)
goals at the assigned customers at the lowest cost.
- Develop a Customer Business Plan that will deliver the
principals' business priorities.
- Personally call on all decision-makers at the customer to sell
business plans, programs and concepts that improve long-term
- Achieve results at the lowest possible selling cost while
maximizing company revenue (to include brokerage, commissions,
bonuses, contest earnings, etc.). - Oversee all manufacturers'
expenditures at the customer.
- Achieve competitively superior in-store presence in the
assigned stores. - Personally call on headquarters, supervisors and
other customer operations personnel for both direct and indirect
customers. - Manage manufacturers' trade marketing funds, process
direct shipments (via the Sales Support Coordinator) and leverage
data to sell concepts to the customer.
- Operate within the designated budget.
- Pro-actively communicate with key principals.
- Collaborate with Retail Sales Managers on all major retail
initiatives (new product introductions, selling drives, contests,
- Effectively use knowledge of customer, market and
principal-involve marketing, technology and administrative
resources to accomplish objectives.
- Provide timely information of selling priorities to Retail
Sales Managers, supervisor and shared resources (marketing,
technology and administration).
- Pro-actively share information and customer/principal
information with other team members to build organization
- Utilize computer systems and technology to achieve the
objectives of the Customer Business Plan. - Develop and maintain
skill levels to support the use of Acosta communication
- Provide feedback to the Team Leader and/or General Manager on
how to build organizational capacity and improve our
- Complete special projects as requested.
- Bachelor of Arts Degree or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of six months of relevant experience in retail (CPG
industry), marketing, space management and/or resets. - Sales
administration or finance experience preferred.
- Expertise in Microsoft software: - PowerPoint, Excel, Word and
Outlook and thorough knowledge of web based applications. - Must
have excellent presentation and communication skills. - Must be
able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must have a valid driver's license
- This position requires that you drive on behalf of Acosta Sales
& Marketing, and as such, any DUI/DWI conviction in the past 36
months will be an immediate disqualifier for this position
Acosta Sales & Marketing is an Equal Opportunity Employer
By submitting your application you agree with and accept the Acosta
Privacy Statement and Terms of Conditions. US:
Acosta utilizes E-Verify for validating the ability to work in the
United States for all job candidates. - If you want more
information on what this entails and your rights as a job
applicant, please use the link provided to access information on
our use of E-Verify and your right to work. - Employer Resources
Keywords: Acosta, San Mateo , Customer Manager, Executive , San Mateo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!