Sr. HRIS Business Analyst/Project Manager
Company: Rakuten Group, Inc.
Location: San Mateo
Posted on: January 22, 2023
*****This position is eligible for remote work in the following
states: CA, CO, UT, NV, and WA.
The Sr. HRIS Business Analyst/Project Manager will lead and provide
functional assistance in identifying, evaluating, developing, and
implementing Workday and peripheral HR system solutions, that meet
user requirements. This position will plan, direct and complete
analysis of programs to support business requirements and act as a
liaison between the Americas Region HR team and the HRIS team.
- Gather functional requirements for system enhancements and new
- Manage projects in the functional area of HRIS
- Drive requirement sign off and facilitate change orders.
- Create "as is" and "to be" models of system functionality and
processes. Perform gap analysis and create a plan to get from the
current state to the future state.
- Work closely with the HRIS Solution Leads to turn requirements
into a solution.
- Collaborate with other regional PMO members on large,
cross-functional, cross-regional projects.
- Facilitate testing of all new functionality with Solution Leads
and Business Stakeholders.
- Appropriately escalate risks and issues to management.
- Manage the Workday Enhancement Sprint Planning and coordination
with the Solution Team management to optimize throughput and
- Other related duties and responsibilities as may be
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Considerable knowledge of principles and practices of Project
- Considerable knowledge of the Workday Platform, as well as
other peripheral HR systems
- Ability to compose and present comprehensive reports, SOP,
workflow documentation, PowerPoint decks
- Ability to effectively plan, organize and present
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Minimum Basic Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years documenting requirements, creating process flows, and
mapping "as is" and "to be" states.
- 3+ years experience managing complex HR projects to successful
- 2-3 years experience in implementing programs for HRMS in
- Strong communication skills and the ability to use a variety of
approaches to collaborate with and influence functional
counterparts, supplier partners, contract resources, and IT
- Ability to work with a global perspective
- PMP (Project Management Professional) Certified a plus
- Experience in supporting programs for both HR and HRIS
- Demonstrated ability to communicate both written and verbally
in an organized and concise manner
- Ability to express ideas and information clearly and
accurately. Proactively and tactfully addresses concerns with
others when problems persist.
- Takes personal responsibility for evaluating and determining
the best path forward when responding to a request from various
groups in HR.
- Ability to recognize and acknowledge when something is not
working and make necessary changes.
- Demonstrates respect for others by seeking to understand how
one thinks about issues and perceives problems and
- Actively builds relationships and networks with others across
organizations, working constructively across organizational
boundaries despite differences in interests, perspectives and
- Recognizes opportunities and/or issues and applies analytical
and creative thinking to maximize performance.
Five Principles for Success
Rakuten Group has an unswerving commitment to building an
egalitarian society by empowering individuals and companies to be
successful in business and in life. The Five Principles for Success
are designed to keep each of us on track, to ensure we make
continuous progress toward our ultimate goals.
Always Improve, Always Advance
There are only two kinds of people in the world:
Best Effort people are satisfied with the status quo; when they
fail, they console themselves by saying "I did my best."
Get Things Done people are absolutely committed to reaching their
With enough determination and effort-by being a Get Things Done
person-you can achieve anything.
Rakuten is an organization composed of true professionals.
Real professionals in any field-whether in sports, the arts,
science, business or anything else-only reach the top because they
have the self-discipline to develop and improve themselves
Only by consistently working many times harder than our competitors
can we consistently win.
Hypothesize --' Practice --' Validate --' Shikumika
Success in business depends on making and executing concrete
specific action plans.
Maximize Customer Satisfaction
Rakuten is first and foremost a service company. We're proud to
serve our customers and we ceaselessly seek to improve their
Speed!! Speed!! Speed!!
The internet makes the window of opportunity for every small
business. Accomplish in one month what it takes other companies a
year to do, because we can only win by being many times faster than
At the time of posting, Rakuten expects the base salary for this
role will be between $72,800- $125,200. Individual compensation
will vary based on job-related factors, including the skills,
qualifications, and experience of the successful candidate as well
as business need and geographic location. The successful applicant
for this role will be eligible for discretionary bonus, health,
vision, dental insurance, 401k matching, PTO, Volunteer Time Off
(VTO), and other employee benefits as the company implements.
Keywords: Rakuten Group, Inc., San Mateo , Sr. HRIS Business Analyst/Project Manager, Executive , San Mateo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!