Director of Sales
Location: San Mateo
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Opportunity: Director of Sales
Develop and execute strategic sales plans through direct sales,
marketing, e-commerce channels, public relations, and community
Potential Career Path
Area Director of Sales - Regional Director of Sales - Corporate
Director of Sales - VP Sales
Essential Job Functions
- Interview, select, train, schedule, coach, and support
associates, ensuring they perform in accordance with established
brand or hotel standards and consistent with HHM core
- Use internal and external resources and data to develop
strategic plans to incorporate all business segments.
- Understand sales and business processes, support corporate and
hotel goals and contribute to enhancement of customer
- Identify customer business requirements and craft customer
offers, which result in increased revenue share for the
- Monitor achievement of objectives for the sales team and take
appropriate action to correct shortfalls versus the annual
- Achieve annual hotel revenue goals as agreed upon and
established in the annual budget.
- Maintain hotel relationships with key accounts to increase
customer satisfaction and account revenue.
- Use professional sales techniques to negotiate the best
possible terms and conditions that satisfy customer (internal and
- Articulate and leverage the benefits of the hotel to close
- Prepare and maintain a current annual marketing plan with
measurable and specific initiatives detailed to maintain and grow
each business segment.
- Accept leadership responsibilities by modeling proper selling
techniques, effective development of others and commitment to
industry, and personal development.
- Develop effective presentations (orally and written) where
ideas, opinions, recommendations and conclusions are clearly
- Travel locally to conduct outside calls, promote the hotel, and
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM's
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Four-year college degree required; additional/advanced degree
coursework in business administration, marketing and communications
- Previous sales experience in a comparable hotel size and scope
required with operations experience preferred.
- Public relations and community marketing experience
- Proficient in use of Excel, Word, Delphi and access database
HHM Benefits and Perks
- Medical, Dental and Vision Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 401k Company Match
- Free Basic Life Insurance
- Travel Discounts
- Commuter Transit and Commuter Parking Benefits
- Quarterly Bonuses and Incentives
- Employee Assistance and Wellness Program
- Educational/Professional Development
- Technology Reimbursements
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and may include occasionally working on
- Required to sit for extended periods, lift up to 10 pounds,
bend, reach, use hands and fingers to operate keyboard.
- Moderate travel between hotel and client's locations
What We Believe
People Are Our Capability - Hearts That Serve - Only Excellence -
Stay Nimble - Own It
This San Francisco Airport Hotel is near it all. Here in San Mateo,
CA, our hotel's guests can easily get to all the attractions and
businesses of the San Francisco Bay area. In addition, a free
shuttle runs between San Francisco Airport (SFO) and theHoliday Inn
-& Suites San Mateo - San Francisco SFO.
This hotel is ideal for every corporate traveler. Use the 24-hour
Business Center and free Wi-Fi access to keep in contact with the
office anytime. Over 2,500 sq ft of meeting space is available in
three rooms, so you can host your next event with us. Since we're
near SFO, the hotel is moments from Tech, Pharmaceutical, and
Keywords: HHM, San Mateo , Director of Sales, Executive , San Mateo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!