Manager, Global Trade Compliance
Company: Creative Solutions Services, LLC
Location: San Mateo
Posted on: September 21, 2023
LeadStack Inc. is an award-winning, one of the nation's
fastest-growing, certified minority-owned (MBE) staffing services
provider of contingent workforce. As a recognized industry leader
in contingent workforce solutions and Certified as a Great Place to
Work, we're proud to partner with some of the most admired Fortune
500 brands in the world.
Position: Manager, Global Trade Compliance
Contract Duration: 12 months with possibilities of extension or
Rate: $80-$90/hr on W2 (DOE)
The Global Trade Compliance Manager will be responsible for
overseeing and managing day-to-day Trade Compliance operations
within the US while providing guidance and support to regional
managers in countries where Client exports its products. The ideal
candidate must possess extensive knowledge in Importing, Exporting,
and Global Trade Compliance, including Tariff Classification,
Customs Valuation, and Country of Origin determination. Experience
in the pharmaceutical or life sciences industry and extensive
knowledge of duty reduction and elimination programs would be
As the Global Trade Compliance Manager, the selected candidate will
be involved in various essential duties, including:
- Providing tactical support for client's Finished Drug
distribution and API logistics.
- Managing client's Global Trade Compliance requirements,
ensuring adherence to corporate and regulatory standards.
- Acting as a subject matter expert and advisor on compliant
importation of goods, staying updated on relevant import/export
regulations and programs.
- Collaborating with GTC leadership to implement and enhance
corporate customs & trade policies.
- Aligning with various functions such as IT, supply chain,
finance, tax, and logistics to ensure efficient processes.
- Serving as a strategic partner to the wider client business
during commercial and business decisions.
- Conducting training on Trade Compliance topics for client
- Developing staff through education in defined areas of
- Overseeing site compliance with special trade programs,
including Free Trade Agreements (FTA).
- Identifying opportunities for cost reductions and making
recommendations to the management team.
- Building and fostering relationships with internal departments,
plant and warehouse operations, finance, R&D, and other
import/export involved areas. Knowledge, Experience, and Skills:
- 5+ years of relevant experience in related fields with a
bachelor's degree in International Trade, Business Administration,
Finance, or Information Systems.
- Minimum of 10 years of combined experience in Logistics, Tax,
and Trade Compliance.
- Proven experience implementing and managing trade compliance
- Ability to identify compliance gaps and recommend process
improvements for the global supply chain.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, effective in
communicating with compliance management and business leaders.
- Strong ability to collaborate cross-functionally with multiple
- Skillful in influencing internal and external partners without
- In-depth technical knowledge of customs laws and
- Proven reputation for providing sound oversight and advice on
import/export compliance issues.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work with limited
- Working knowledge of Oracle is an advantage.
Keywords: Creative Solutions Services, LLC, San Mateo , Manager, Global Trade Compliance, Executive , San Mateo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!