Registered Nurse, RN
Location: San Mateo
Posted on: May 7, 2022
$10,000 Sign-On Bonus
Under direct supervision, this position is responsible for
performing all duties related to the efficient, safe, and compliant
collection of blood and blood products. Works collaboratively as a
member of the team and in alignment with the values of the
organization. Performs Apheresis Red Cell Collection and/or Plasma
Pheresis. Performs Platelet Pheresis and/or Therapeutic
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs all assigned duties in compliance with internal SOPs
and external regulations. Brings compliance issues to the attention
- Assures quality customer service to all customers.
- Maintains good attendance and punctuality per the absence
- Performs all duties related to the collection and handling of
blood and blood products (e.g., computerized medical screening,
phlebotomy, load, set-up, tear down, pack blood, advanced
eligibility calculations, and daily quality control).
- Communicates all pertinent information effectively and timely.
Brings issues to the attention of those in authority or leadership
positions, as necessary.
- Works as part of a team to achieve daily team production
- Assists and supports other team members, as required.
- Maintains clean and organized work area.
- Drives the company vehicle, as required.
- Maintains complete and accurate records, including apheresis
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills in accordance with
current customer service standards to represent a positive image
for the company.
- Maintains and ensures equipment, vehicles, and facilities are
maintained and kept in good working order.
- Maintains proficiency and certification for all tasks required
- Trains other team members on additional duties/tasks, as
- Performs all other duties, at the discretion of management, as
- Associate's degree required.
- CA RN and driver's license and CPR certification required.
- Six months previous work experience in a healthcare related
- Must possess the skills and abilities to successfully perform
all assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Must have proficient computer skills.
- Must be able to read and comprehend written procedures and
- Must be able to work flexible shifts.
- Must have good customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment and participate as an
active team member.
- Ability to travel, as required.
Sign-on Bonus!! Paid after 30 days, 90 days, and 12 months.
As an essential operation to the nation's healthcare infrastructure
and a science-based organization, Vitalant believes that being
vaccinated helps provide protection and care for our employees, our
donors, their families, and the broader community. With this in
mind, Vitalant requires employees to be fully vaccinated as a
condition of employment. Individuals applying for this position
should be prepared to comply with the COVID-19 vaccination mandates
of Vitalant and accordingly, will need to be vaccinated as of first
date of employment unless approved exemption exists prior to start
EEO including disability and veterans
Keywords: Vitalant, San Mateo , Registered Nurse, RN, Healthcare , San Mateo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!