Administrative Associate -Dean's Suite, School of Medicine
Company: Stanford Medicine
Location: San Mateo
Posted on: November 24, 2022
The Dean's Office at the Stanford School of Medicine is seeking
an Administrative Associate 3 (Hybrid) with a strong professional
presence and high level of discretion to provide administrative,
operational, and other project support to the dean's executive
operations team in a dynamic working environment.
- Act on behalf of the supervisor in regards to establishing
priorities and identifying and resolving problems that are
administrative in nature.
- Oversee and/or perform duties associated with scheduling,
organizing, and operating complex conferences, seminars, and
events, including arranging with vendors for services, overseeing
the production and distribution of materials, administering
logistics, and managing event within budget.
- Compose and draft documents and correspondence for
presentations, grants, conferences, seminars, and reports; perform
substantial editing and fact checking.
- Create, maintain, modify, and/or ensure accuracy of content in
various forms, applications, unit documents, displays, and/or
- Plan and schedule calendar(s), resolve calendaring conflicts,
and arrange travel in compliance with unit, university, and sponsor
- Oversee and/or process a variety of complex financial
transactions; produce, monitor, and reconcile budget statements;
research, identify, and resolve discrepancies. - Other duties may
also be assigned.
- Team-oriented and able to create positive relationships with
stakeholders in and outside of the Dean's Office
- Flexible when meeting critical deadlines and able to pivot as
- Comfortable with ambiguity EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
- High school diploma and four years of administrative
experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Advanced computer skills and demonstrated experience with
office software and email applications.
- Demonstrated success in following through and completing
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and assign work to
- Ability to take initiative and ownership of projects.
- Ability to routinely and independently exercise sound judgment
in making decisions PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS :
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sitting.
- Occasionally stand/walk, reach/work above shoulders, grasp
lightly/fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, use a telephone,
sort/file paperwork or parts, lift/carry/push/pull objects that
weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Rarely twist/bend/stoop/squat, kneel/crawl. - Consistent with
its obligations under the law, the University will provide
reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who
requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well
with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal
responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns;
uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable
University policies and procedures, including but not limited to
the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's
Administrative Guide, As an organization that receives federal
funding, Stanford University has a COVID-19 vaccination requirement
that will apply to all university employees, including those
working remotely in the United States and applicable
subcontractors. To learn more about COVID policies and guidelines
for Stanford University Staff, please visit:
Keywords: Stanford Medicine, San Mateo , Administrative Associate -Dean's Suite, School of Medicine, Healthcare , San Mateo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!