Behavioral Medicine Specialist Psychology
Location: San Mateo
Posted on: March 18, 2023
In a Consultant-Liaison role, evaluates and diagnosis' Health
Plan members seen in primary care who have mental disorders or
behavioral conditions that affect or are a consequence of their
- Utilizes principles of Health Psychology to develop implement,
coordinate and evaluate treatment plans for referred members that
may include crisis intervention, brief psychotherapy,
psychoeducation groups and brief case management.
- Prepares concise intake evaluations and treatment plans, and
maintains ongoing confidential progress records in accord with
state and NCQA regulations.
- Provides education and support to members and their families to
encourage compliance with medical and behavioral regimes.
- Co-manages medical conditions through the use of
nonpharmacologic and behavioral interventions in order to leverage
physician time and develop appropriate patterns of
- Administers and evaluates psychological and neuropsychological
tests on a limited basis.
- Collaborates with physicians in screening and evaluating
patients for psychotropic medications, within the scope of
- Provides consultation and training to other members of the APC
team in the areas of mental health, behavioral medicine and health
- Provides consultation on program development, and conducts
program evaluation and outcome assessment, as needed.
- Serves as liaison and refers to the Psychiatry Department,
Chemical Dependency Services, Behavioral Health Education,
specialty behavioral medicine services and other Medical Teams as
- N/A Education
- PhD/PsyD/EdD in clinical counseling, health or school
psychology from an accredited college or university. License,
- Current valid license to practice psychology in the State of
California or valid license to practice in a state in the United
States and able to practice under Business and Professional Code
Section 2946 (maximum of 180 days subject to the specifics of the
- Must have a Nat'l Provider Identifier (NPI), or obtain an NPI,
prior to employment start date.
- Previous clinical responsibilities to include diagnosis, crisis
intervention, brief individual and group psychotherapy, and
consultation and collaboration with medical personnel.
- Knowledge of state regulations and APA standards as it related
to client treatment, patient rights and client/patient
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a member of a team
and within a primary care environment.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership
- Experience working in a multidisciplinary setting
- Familiarity with psychopharmacology and health psychology
Job Category: Behavioral Health, Social Services & Spiritual Care,
Northern California Psychologist/Psychologist Assistant
Keywords: Kaiser, San Mateo , Behavioral Medicine Specialist Psychology, Healthcare , San Mateo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...