KPPAAC RN Nursing Manager
Location: San Mateo
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Acts as anon-site administrative designee for the nursing
department. Manages staff for nursing department, ensuring
appropriate quality of care and compliance with regulations.
Coordinates facility response to member/family complaints or
- Follows up on clinical issues. Coordinates facility response to
member/family complaints or concerns. Ensures that resolution of
complaints/concerns is documented in accordance with facility
policy, state/federal regulations, or industry standard of
- Manages daily patient care activities. Monitors quality of care
- Collaborates with all departments throughout the medical
center, especially when resolving member concerns/complaints.
- Coordinates and maintain appropriate staffing level of the
assigned shift. Participates in developing, reviewing, and updating
departmental policies and procedures.
- Supervises staff. Ensures staff provides the highest quality of
care and are performing in compliance with skilled nursing facility
regulations, the Nurse Practice Act, federal, state, and local
- Inservices staff as needed.
- Acts as liaison to physicians and nurse practitioners.
- Manages and resolves human resource, employee and department
safety, and risk management issues.
- Responsible for hiring, discipline, counseling and performance
appraisals for designated employees.
- Assists in developing, monitoring and maintaining the budget.
Identifies and recommends opportunities to reduce costs.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on
a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right
to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such
positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are
generally implemented only after notice is given to affected
employees. Basic Qualifications:
- Minimum four (4) years of clinical care nursing
- Minimum one (1) year of Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF)
- Minimum one (1) year of supervisory experience required.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED)
required. License, Certification, Registration
- Registered Nurse License (California)
- Basic Life Support Additional Requirements:
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal written and communication
- Knowledge of Nurse Practice Act, The Joint Commission, and
other local, state, and federal regulations.
- Must be available to work weekends or holidays on an as-needed
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership
environment. Preferred Qualifications:
- Minimum one (1) year of acute hospital experience
- Bachelors degree in nursing or health related field, OR four
(4) years of experience in a directly related field preferred.
Job Category: Nursing Licensed & Nurse Practitioners
Keywords: Kaiser, San Mateo , KPPAAC RN Nursing Manager, Healthcare , San Mateo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...