Human Resources Generalist
Company: Essex Property Trust, Inc.
Location: San Mateo
Posted on: April 6, 2021
At Essex, we provide outstanding communities in which to live,
work and invest. Our associates are offered competitive salaries,
experience career growth, and receive comprehensive benefit
packages such as medical, dental, vision, 401k employer match,
excellence rewards, wellness programs and more. Essex is committed
to engaging, enabling, and empowering associates to thrive. We
invite you to experience this exciting employee journey with
Goal: We're taking our business to the next level and this is an
exciting time to join Essex as we go on a digital transformation
journey to remain competitive and provide superior service to our
Job Objectives: Lead and administer key associate relations HR
practices that supports a high performing, developmental culture
that recruits and retains superior talent. The HR Generalist serves
as the subject matter expert and first point of contact to our
clients at the corporate offices and community sites for associate
relations matters, all leave of absences in accordance with company
policy and local, state and federal guidelines and general HR
Reports to: Human Resources Manager
Job Status: Exempt, full-time
Department: Human Resources
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Counsels, advises and provides guidance to mangers and hourly
associates related to associate relations matters.
- Address associate relations issues, such as harassment
allegations, work complaints or associate concerns. Conduct
investigation as needed.
- Facilitates communication among employees and management by
providing guidance and consultation regarding problem solving,
dispute resolution, regulatory compliance and litigation avoidance
and strives to resolve internal conflict informally through
appropriate conflict management techniques.
- Advise management on effective performance feedback, disciplinary
and termination process.
- Manage performance, counseling, and investigating using tracking
and reporting tool.
- Participates in developing department objectives, goals and
- Confidentially interacts with internal clients at all levels of
- Provides litigation and subpoena support.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
Leave of Absence Administration:
- Responsible for explaining leave policies and procedures and
assisting employees and managers through the leave of absence
- Determines leave eligibility and leave type based on state and
federal law as well as company policy and reviews associated
- Provides timely and required communication and materials to
employees at the leave commencement and throughout the duration of
the leave (leave designation notices, medical certifications,
letters, forms and required policies, etc.)
- Tracks LOAs and conducts all necessary follow up with management
and employees with respect to leave status and updates, pay &
benefits, work restrictions, and required forms
- Creates/updates leave of absence records in HRIS system and
maintenance of accurate and complete LOA records, files, and
- Collaborates with HR and managers to facilitate employees
returning to work on-time, utilizing the ADA interactive process
- Stays current on laws, case law, regulations and legal precedents
relating to leaves and ADA and updates leave policies and
procedures as necessary
- Prepares statistical and leave trend reports, makes
recommendations and contribute to continuous improvement
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- Assist HR Manager in development and implementation of policies,
programs and initiatives.
- Assist HR Manager in providing day to day guidance and
- Provide support administering employee inquiries regarding
company polices, procedures and other related topics.
- Collaborates with HR team in functional roles to address and
- Provide additional support to HR Assistant as needed.
- Performs other related duties and special projects as required
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, or the equivalent
in related work experience.
Experience: A minimum 5 years experience in General HR, Compliance,
Employee Relations and LOA Management.
Skills: Candidate must excel in the following areas:
- Be Business Curious and invest time building genuine,
collaborative partnerships across the organization.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Employee Relations, LOA
Management,Performance Management, Compliance and Employment
- Ability to analyze data, identify key issues, prepare
comprehensive recommendations based on reports.
- Strong communications skills and ability to present ideas in a
clear, concise and organized manner.
- Ability to navigate through change, have an impact and influence
others, help drive to win-win outcomes.
- Excellent conflict resolution skill and maintain a constructive
working relationship with associates at all levels.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and deliver
timely and accurate information in a deadline-driven
- Demonstrated ability to produce results and maintain positive
attitude in fast paced, dynamic environment
- Proficiency with HRIS data management and possess systems
- Ability to be a team player with strong attention to detail and
able to work independently.
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving and customer
- Training Facilitation and ability to present information to
- A valid driver license and current automobile insurance is
- Job is intermittently sedentary, but requires mobility (i.e.
- Will use some repetitive motion of hands or wrists using a
computer and telephone
- Requires light lifting
Keywords: Essex Property Trust, Inc., San Mateo , Human Resources Generalist, Human Resources , San Mateo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!