Company: PlayStation Global
Location: San Mateo
Posted on: January 25, 2023
PlayStation isn't just the Best Place to Play - it's also the Best
Place to Work. Today, we're recognized as a global leader in
entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and
services including PlayStation -5, PlayStation -4, PlayStation -VR,
PlayStation -Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from
PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that
empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage
everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation,
technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our
growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a
wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
San Mateo, CA (hybrid)
We are looking for an HR Generalist to provide day-to-day support
to our HR Business Partner (HRBP) team aligned to Corporate
Functions, including Global Sales & Operations, Marketing and
Global Partner Development Relations.. The right candidate will
have deep HR generalist experience and partner with HRBP's to
understand overall goals, requirements, culture, and challenges
while collaborating with all HR Centers of Excellence (COEs) to
deliver valuable service. The ideal candidate will be passionate
about HR, have a sense of urgency for execution as well as natural
curiosity, have experience working in a dynamic HR team and ability
to deliver a positive customer service experience.
- Promote positive employee relationships through communication
and interpretation of HR policies
- Partner with HRBPs and COEs to support business needs in areas
such as learning and development, recruiting, onboarding,
performance management and total rewards.
- Ability to deliver HR service as an extension of the HRBP team
and as part of a core HR service team.
- Conduct exit interviews and deliver findings to the HRBPs to
continuously improve the employee experience
- Assist Employee Relations with various projects including but
not limited to performance issues, conflict resolution, involuntary
terminations, and mutual separations, etc.
- Assist with communicating to employees during an emergency such
as a Wildfire, Earthquake, etc.
- Assist central HR teams with various projects such as digital
document management, and employee questions on all HR topics
- Analyze and make recommendations on existing HR policies,
practices and programs and work with HRBPs to implement
- Maintain and oversee all employee data in Workday, HR
administrative procedures, and documentation process
- Run and maintain a variety of reports for the HRBPs to deliver
to the business on a monthly, quarterly, or annual basis
- Assist HR Business Partners in a variety of projects on an ad
hoc basis, including assisting on executing department-specific
programs, year-end performance review process and comp planning
process, and other tasks as assigned
- Learn and understand the SIE HR processes as well as how
business units operate to help streamline HR operational
Required Knowledge / Skills:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Proven experience of successfully partnering with senior HR and
- 8+ years previous experience in HR in a fast paced, high tech
or creative environment
- Working knowledge of HR laws and federal and state
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and common
sense regarding sensitive information is a must
- Excellent communication skills and experience collaborating
with people at all levels of the organization, with experience
presenting information and data to all levels.
- Demonstrates versatility of experience and the ability to
prioritize work from diverse sources
- Highly data literate
- Innovative and creative approach to problem solving
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role's base
pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the
market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our
hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined
based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills,
experience, and location.
In addition, this role may be eligible for bonus and SIE's top-tier
benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching
401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee
discounts for Sony products. Click here to learn more.
The estimated base pay range for this role is listed below.
$124,300 - $186,500 USD
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive
consideration for employment without regard to gender (including
gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race
(including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin),
religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status,
disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade
union membership or membership in any other legally protected
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and
embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with
arrest and conviction records will be considered for
For more information about our benefits, please visit our Careers
Keywords: PlayStation Global, San Mateo , HR Generalist, Human Resources , San Mateo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!