Company: Careers In Government, Inc.
Location: San Mateo
Posted on: November 17, 2023
Recruitment Coordinator - Careers in Government Back Recruitment
- SMCTD - SAN MATEO COUNTY TRANSIT DISTRICT
- San Mateo , California
- Oct 21, 2023 Full Time Human Resources and Personnel Job
Description The San Mateo County Transit District serves nearly
100,000 customers each weekday on its SamTrans buses, Redi-Wheel
paratransit vehicles, Caltrain commuter rail cars and shuttles, as
well as a robust capital program. The Transit District, which is in
the heart of the San Francisco Bay Area, also is the managing
agency for the San Mateo County Transportation Authority. Staff
enjoys a dynamic organization that fosters personal development and
professional advancement of its staff. The Transit District's core
values include integrity, customer focus, respect, quality,
teamwork, leadership and accountability. Excellent benefits are
TITLE: Recruitment Coordinator
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Non-Exempt (Full-Time)
DIVISION: Human Resources
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Sunday, November 12, 2023
PAY RANGE: $31.93 - $48.76 hourly ($66,432- $ 101,441 estimated
WORK LOCATION: San Carlos, CA
JOB SUMMARY: The Recruitment Coordinator is responsible for
recruitment and selection for bus operators for the San Mateo
County Transit District (SamTrans).
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Working with the bus operations and training departments
coordinates the recruitment of bus operators for the District.
- Coordinates and facilitates the panel interview process
including revising and advising on interview questions, ensuring
adherence to state and federal employment laws, and compiling panel
- Working closely with the district's Drug and Alcohol Program
Manager, coordinates federally mandated pre-employment process
including paperwork, pre-employment medical, drug, and background
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Prepares job announcement and posts to relevant job advertising
mediums including attending job fairs, working with employment
partners, and posting on employment websites.
- Coordinates interview process including screening applications,
contacting successful candidates for interviews, and scheduling
- Notifies all applicants of their status within an appropriate
- Maintains bus operator recruitment files, DOT required
documents, and other confidential records.
- Reports on bus operator recruitment pipeline to partner
- Assists with new hire onboarding of bus operators.
- Perform all job duties and responsibilities in a safe manner to
protect oneself, fellow employees, and the public from injury or
harm. Promote safety awareness and follow safety procedures in an
effort to reduce or eliminate accidents.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISION : Works under the general supervision of the Manager,
Human Resources who establishes goals and objectives and evaluates
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS : Sufficient experience, training and/or
education to demonstrate the knowledge and ability to successfully
perform the essential functions of the position. In lieu of a
degree, work-related experience that demonstrates the skills and
experience necessary to perform this role will be accepted.
Development of the required knowledge and abilities is typically
obtained through but not limited to:
- Associates Degree in business, human resources, psychology,
marketing or related field
- Three (3) years of full-time, progressive experience in high
- Experience in high volume recruitment of federally regulated
- Understanding of state and federal pre-employment requirements
for safety sensitive positions.
- Experience administering and managing pre-employment medical
and drug screening processes.
- Experience coordinating job fairs.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Proficiency using HRIS software, PeopleSoft experience
SELECTION PROCESS MAY INCLUDE: The process will include a panel
interview and may include written and skills test assessments or
supplemental questions. Only those candidates who are the most
qualified will continue in the selection process. Meeting the
minimum qualifications does not guarantee an invitation to continue
in the process.
CURRENT EMPLOYMENT BENEFITS AT SAMTRANS:
For additional information on SamTrans benefits, please visit,
Holidays: Seven (7) paid holidays, plus up to four (4) floating
holidays per year
Paid Time Off: Up to 21 days per year
Cafeteria Plans: Medical, dental, vision care, group life insurance
Transportation: Free Bus Transportation for employees and qualified
Work Location: Select positions are eligible to work remote up to
50% of the time
Pension: Social Security and California Public Employees Retirement
- Classic Members - 2% @ 60 benefit formula, 3 year average of
- New Members - 2% @ 62 benefit formula, 3 year average of
HOW TO APPLY:
- To apply, please visit the https://www.samtrans.com/jobs .
Complete an online employment application by 11:59 p.m. on Sunday,
November 12, 2023 . A resume will not be accepted in lieu of the
application. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- The Human Resources Department will make reasonable efforts in
the recruitment/examination process to accommodate applicants with
disabilities upon request. If you have a need for an accommodation,
please contact the Human Resources Department at (650) 508-6308 or
email written request to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- SamTrans celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an
inclusive and welcoming workplace environment. We are an
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities, Women,
Persons with Disabilities and Veterans are encouraged to apply. Job
Address San Mateo , California United States View Map Employer:
SMCTD - SAN MATEO COUNTY TRANSIT DISTRICT This listing is managed
by: About San Mateo County Transit District The San Mateo County
Transit District is the administrative body for the principal
public transit and transportation programs in San Mateo County:
SamTrans bus service, including Redi-Wheels paratransit service,
Caltrain commuter rail and the San Mateo County Transportation
Authority. Caltrain and the TA have contracted with the District to
serve as their managing agency, under the direction of their boards
of directors. Employer Profile Apply Now Please mention you found
this employment opportunity on the CareersInGovernment.com job
board. Share this job: Other Jobs You May Consider
Interdisciplinary Engineering Lecturer Pool (529154) Cal State
University (CSU) San Jose Description: Department Summary The
Interdisciplinary Engineering (IDE) progr... View Job Senior Civil
Engineer (PUBLIC WORKS) City of Vallejo Description PLEASE READ
THIS BULLETIN IN ITS ENTIRETY ** Continuous recruitment ... View
Job Groundsworker (512987) Cal State University (CSU) East Bay
Description: Salary and Benefits PLEASE NOTE: The starting salary
placement d... View Job ShareThis Copy and Paste
Keywords: Careers In Government, Inc., San Mateo , Recruitment Coordinator, Human Resources , San Mateo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!