Technical Support Intern
Location: San Mateo
Posted on: May 4, 2021
About Verkada At Verkada, we're rethinking what it means to be
physically safe. Today, we build security cameras that detect
action, identify danger and help keep people and places safe and
secure. Using a combination of software and hardware, we're
transforming an industry that has seen little innovation for
decades-and we already support thousands of customers. But this is
just the beginning. We envision a world in which security systems
feel as seamless and modern as the organizations they protect and
our enterprise solution becomes a model for not just business
security, but public security as well. Verkada is the leader in
cloud managed video surveillance and physical security. Our mission
is to be the essential physical security software layer for every
building, and the foundation of a larger enterprise IoT
infrastructure. As a Technical Support Intern, you will work on
leading-edge cloud managed IoT technology while providing
troubleshooting, design, and integration assistance to our growing
base of enterprise customers. Interns work on the same issues and
projects as full-time Technical Support Engineers, so if you are
interested in making an impact and learning valuable career skills
in a highly technical real-world environment, come join us.
- Troubleshoot network, hardware and software issues related to
the Verkada platform.
- Provide best practice design and integration expertise to
- Communicate technical matters to customers both orally and in
- Own customer issues from creation to resolution.
- Collaborate with Engineering and Product teams to test new
products and identify bugs.
- Contribute content to our Knowledge Base.
- Lab testing and team projects. Requirements
- Third or Fourth year college student working towards a
Bachelor's or Master's degree in a related technical discipline:
Networking, Telecommunications, Systems Administration, Information
Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or
Cybersecurity from an accredited college.
- Coursework with a focus on computer networking, Linux, computer
systems, Python or other coding language.
- Ability to communicate complex matters to customers both orally
and in writing.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and attention to
- Ability to work within a team environment.
- Industry certifications are a plus: CCNP, CCNA, CCENT, CCDA,
CWNP, CWNA, MCSE, CEH, Network+, Security+, A+. About our team
Behind the scenes, we're a team of computer scientists, hardware
engineers and experienced founders who saw a chance to make a real
impact. We're united by the challenge of building beautiful
products, designed for real people-and by our commitment to using
technology responsibly. We believe keeping data private and secure
is core to our safety as individuals, businesses and communities
and we put great care into building systems that embody our values
as people. Likewise, many of Silicon Valley's top investors believe
in us: we're backed by Sequoia Capital, FirstRound, Meritech and
Siemens (Next47). Verkada is an equal opportunity employer and
value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis
of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual
orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability
status, and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.
Keywords: Verkada, San Mateo , Technical Support Intern, IT / Software / Systems , San Mateo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!