Cognos Developer, Systems Analyst III
Company: Gilead Sciences, Inc.
Location: San Mateo
Posted on: November 27, 2022
Cognos Developer, Systems Analyst IIIUnited States - California
- Foster CityUnited States - RemoteUnited States - New Jersey -
Morris PlainsUnited States - Washington - SeattleGilead Sciences,
Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers,
develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet
medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug
candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with
life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead's therapeutic
areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and
inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular
conditions.Making an impact on a global scaleInclusion is one of
the company's five core values. That's because we know that we are
stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a
diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead
Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops
and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet
medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of
patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide. When
you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by
enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come
join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values
inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is
constantly For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:Please log
onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.Job
DescriptionEssential Duties and Job Functions:
- Supports Global Patient Safety (GLPS) need for analytics, line
listings, summary tabulations, visualizations, and dashboards by
using Cognos. Contributes to the full life cycle of safety data
analytical activities - data query, report authoring, report
validation, and report publishing.
- Checking DataMart for failed reports and creating/amending
report schedules as appropriate
- Authoring/Validating/QC of DataMart Cognos report requests
- QC of Systems requests as appropriate
- Update the issues log as appropriate
- Produce detailed design documents to match business
- Has proven Experience in delivering Cognos reports and be able
to demonstrate examples.
- Be able to translate business needs into Cognos outputs that
accurately address business needs.
- Be able to translate reporting tools features into business
benefits and communicate this information to Customers
- Be able to quickly learn and understand the Gilead and Global
Patient Safety (GLPS) data sources and models.
- Independently establishes work priorities and direction with
minimal input from the manager.
- Demonstrates attention to details, teamwork, and
- Participates in cross-functional discussions and
- Collaborates with members in Systems, Data Analytics, Project
Management, IT, QA, etc. Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Good understanding of relational databases and reporting tools
(Cognos Report Studio) 4-5 Years.
- Oracle SQL experience required (+2 years)
- Pharma experience is preferred, especially working with
Research and Development/R&D/Development Operations functions
(Drug Safety, Biometrics, Clinical Operations, Clinical Data
- Experience working with validated/qualified applications is
- Candidate must be organized and analytical, adept at working in
a team environment.
- Must be proficient in written and verbal communication.
- Excellent facilitation and negotiation skills and drive to a
- Experience in troubleshooting/problem-solving.
- Works as an independent contributor as well as a team
- Technical experience with computer systems, databases, and
end-user community support.
- Good working knowledge skills with Microsoft Office Products,
Microsoft Visio, and Microsoft Project. Additional Skills
- Knowledge of additional BI reporting tools (Spotfire)
- Knowledge of Pharmacovigilance Databases (e.g. Argus,
- Is conversant with and understands current Pharmacovigilance
- Experience working with Ticketing systems like Service Now.For
Colorado Job Applicants: The salary range for this position
is:$100,000.00 - $150,000.00Gilead considers a range of factors,
including background and experience, when determining base
compensation. These considerations means actual compensation will
vary. Position is also eligible for bonus and benefits. For more
information, visit For jobs in the United States:As an equal
opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a
diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and
selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color,
religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation,
physical or mental disability, genetic information or
characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or
other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds
specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to
ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by
Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era
Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans
with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation
in the job application process may contact for assistance.Following
extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business
implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead
has made the decision to require all U.S., Canada, Australia,
Singapore, and Hong Kong employees and contractors to receive the
COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. "Full vaccination"
is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or
two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone
unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held
religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents
them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.
For more information about equal employment opportunity
protections, please view the 'EEO is the Law' poster. NOTICE:
EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND
MEDICAL LEAVE ACT PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION Our
environment respects individual differences and recognizes each
employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce
reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up
our growing team.Gilead provides a work environment free of
harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support
individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.For
Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:Please log onto your
Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
Keywords: Gilead Sciences, Inc., San Mateo , Cognos Developer, Systems Analyst III, IT / Software / Systems , San Mateo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!