Software Engineer II - PlayStation Network Commerce Engineering
Company: PlayStation Global
Location: San Mateo
Posted on: January 20, 2023
Software Engineer II
San Mateo, CA
The Payments platform team supports an annual payment volume of
double digit $$billion(s) globally, and we are just getting
started! We are in an industry that is seeing spectacular growth
and innovation, and in response, we are re-inventing our payments
platform to provide a seamless gaming and purchase experience for
- Our customers are passionate about our products, and we're
passionate about providing them with the best possible
- We believe that excellence comes from finding talented people
and giving them the support they need to thrive.
- We believe that work should be fun, and we strive to create an
environment where teams experience satisfying work, personal and
professional growth, and good work life balance
- You possess a drive and passion for quality with the ability to
inspire, excite and motivate other team members.
- You have outstanding verbal and written communication skills
and are able to work with others at all levels.
- You're effective at working with geographically remote and
culturally diverse teams.
- Your curiosity drives you to go beyond your immediate
assignments and actively learn everything you can about the systems
you support. You're not afraid to ask questions.
About the role and how you will spend your time:
- Work in an agile and highly collaborative environment with our
globally distributed engineering teams, architecture, product
management, quality assurance, and operations.
- Be responsible for sound technology choices and implementing
them in a fashion that is durable and scalable
- Create and maintain Java code and provide component level
designs for the Sony PlayStation Network platform.
- Participate in code review.
- Prepare and execute unit tests.
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent;
- 3+ year Java programming and systems experience.
- Experience with test driven development and test
- Experience with SQL and databases, especially Oracle.
- Experience developing applications on Unix/Linux
- Experience in full life-cycle agile software
- Experience in object-oriented analysis and design.
- Experience with Java Application Servers/Containers.
- Experience using source control such as git and bug tracking
systems in a team environment.
Additional Desired Attributes:
- Experience in ecommerce platforms, payments, and/or
- Hands-on experience in Amazon Web Services, including
familiarity with Lambda, EKS, DynamoDB, Aurora, EC2, and other AWS
- Experience in developing cross-platform code.
- Experience with Spring framework
- Experience building scalable, highly available, systems with
very high levels of concurrency and transactions.
- Experience working with Cloud development environment such as
- Experience with caching solutions such as memcached
- Experience with NoSQL database such as Cassandra
- Possess deep knowledge of computer science fundamentals such as
object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem
solving and complexity analysis
Keywords: PlayStation Global, San Mateo , Software Engineer II - PlayStation Network Commerce Engineering, IT / Software / Systems , San Mateo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!