Associate Corporate Counsel, PlayStation Studios
Company: Sony Interactive Entertainment PlayStation
Location: San Mateo
Posted on: November 12, 2021
PlayStation isn't just the Best Place to Play -it's also the
Best Place to Work. We've thrilled gamers since 1994, when we
launched the original PlayStation. Today, we're recognized as a
global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The
PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a
wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Associate Corporate Counsel, PlayStation StudiosSan Mateo, CASony
PlayStation is seeking in-house counsel, someone who wants to work
on ground-breaking tech product development, marketing, IP, and
entertainment issues as a member of the PlayStation Legal team.
This position supports the PlayStation video game products and
services. PlayStation offers the opportunity to work in a
technology company with an entertainment focus, in a casual
environment that provides ambitious legal issues. A good fit will
love technology, cutting-edge legal issues and working closely with
- Provide legal counsel for SIE's video game studios, providing
ongoing support for products and services on current and new
platforms, including console, PC, and mobile
- Draft and negotiate agreements, including game prototype and
development, software and technology licenses, music and other
content licenses, services/consulting, non-disclosure, actor,
writer, and composer agreements
- Clear game content for release, taking into account IP risk,
including trademark, copyright, and rights of publicity
- Clearly and concisely communicate legal risk to business
- Provide guidance on external communications, including
trailers, blog posts, press releases, advertising, social media,
- Implement industry content and marketing regulations
- Design and provide legal training, policies, and guidelines for
business clients and the global Legal team
- Maintain a solid understanding of the video game industry,
PlayStation products and services, and relevant law by attending
industry events and legal training
- Collaborate with global counterparts in other regions
- JD or LLM degree and active membership in good standing in at
least one US state bar. Must acquire a Registered In-House Counsel
status in California.
- At least 3 years' experience as an attorney, drafting relevant
agreements and working directly with corporate clients, preferably
in the video game, entertainment, or technology industry
- Experience in intellectual property law, including copyright
and trademark law
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of WGA writer agreements, film and television option
agreements, marketing law, employment and labor law, open source
software licensing, merchandise licensing, and privacy and data
security law is desirable
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry,
citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability,
covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services,
sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or
membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to
provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with
disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable
accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples
of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the
application process or work procedures, providing documents in an
alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and
embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting
us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC'S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony
Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect
it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the
personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please
review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting
process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we
obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social
Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing
address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you
may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military
service information, or physical or mental health information, as
well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information , including
your past professional experience, references; background
verification; talent management and assessment; information
regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions
of your job offer.
- Non-public education information , including information about
your education records, such as grades and transcripts.
Keywords: Sony Interactive Entertainment PlayStation, San Mateo , Associate Corporate Counsel, PlayStation Studios, Legal , San Mateo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!