Location: San Mateo
Posted on: November 18, 2021
Position SummaryWe currently have an opportunity to join our
growing legal team in the San Mateo office. We are seeking a
candidate with at least 4 years of legal experience in the areas of
corporate securities, compliance and other public company
requirements. Successful candidates must have a strong work ethic,
excellent written and verbal communication skills, be team players
and want to be a part of a high-paced legal team in a growing and
dynamic office. The position will provide day to day counsel,
guidance and support related to the Company (including its
subsidiaries and affiliates) and is responsible for providing
professional legal advice to the Senior Management Team.Job Duties
and ResponsibilitiesThe following reflects management?s definition
of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks
that may be assigned. Job functions include the following. Other
duties may be assigned.
- Assist the General Counsel with matters of legal significance
to the organization including risk management, legal compliance in
respect to business activities, expansion and M&A activity,
product protection, employee safety, and consumer protection.
- Possess a thorough knowledge of all aspects of the company's
businesses and all legal documents pertaining to the
- Assist the General Counsel with management of all local, state
and federal filings; including licensing forms, required to
maintain the legal good standing in the areas in which the company
- Create and set up new entities.
- Perform legal research and provide legal advice and assistance
to other departments and operation units.
- Review and draft agreements and other documents as directed
including, but not limited to the following functional areas:
Customers, Finance, Vendors, Intellectual Property and Real
- Keep abreast of standard practices and trends affecting the
- Advise the organization about government regulations and legal
- Understand and be able to translate into ?plain English? the
legal ramifications of varied legal issues (including regulatory
requirements) and clearly and succinctly articulate risks.
- Provide valuable advice and counsel within the context of the
broader business and enterprise-level objectives.Requirements,
Knowledge, and Experience
- Juris Doctorate Degree from a fully accredited school approved
by the American Bar Association (ABA), admitted and in good
standing in at least one state bar is required (California
preferred); and a minimum of four years? experience in a law firm
or start-up environment.
- Exercises independent judgment and discretion with ability to
identify problems and initiate corrective action.
- Self-starter, with ability to prioritize multiple tasks and
deliver high quality work on tight deadlines.
- Maintain knowledge of industry best practices and applicable
legislation affecting the operations.
- Adaptable and flexible to operate with minimal direction and
little or no supervision while working in a complex and changing
- Proven written and verbal communication abilities with emphasis
on problem-solving and negotiation, with the ability to explain
complex legal concepts to employees and staff at all levels.
- Proficiency with computer applications, including Microsoft
Office Suite, and various legal case management systems.
- Ability to read, understand, and interpret contracts and
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and ability to work with
staff at all levels, both internal and external.
- Ability to travel.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25
- Employee must be able to travel via multiple modes of
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United
- Successful candidates will be innovative, active learners, have
a genuine want for continuous improvement, and embody the company?s
- Insurance Benefits for you and your eligible dependents
(Health, Dental & Vision)
- Choose from four (4) different health plan options
- One medical plan 100% paid by the company for employee coverage
- Stock Options in a pre IPO company!
- Paid flexible vacation time
- Paid sick time
- 10 Company Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Plan
- Cell Phone Stipend/Company Cell Phone
- Other Company Benefits
- Counseling Services - professional online counseling platform
at no cost
- Discount on Veev/Reali products and services for employees,
friends, and familyEqual Employment Opportunity (EEO)Veev, Inc. is
proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. The Company
is committed to the principle of equal employment and provides fair
and equal employment opportunity to all applicants regardless of
race, color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress
and grooming practices), citizenship, sex, sexual orientation,
gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, ethnicity,
ancestry, age, status as a protected veteran, disability, domestic
violence victim status, or any other protected status under
applicable laws. Veev, Inc. will not tolerate discrimination or
harassment because of any protected status.
Keywords: Veev, San Mateo , Corporate Attorney, Legal , San Mateo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!