Senior Corporate Counsel, Marketing and Advertising
Company: PlayStation Global
Location: San Mateo
Posted on: November 18, 2022
Senior Corporate Counsel, Marketing and Advertising San Mateo,
CA (Hybrid)Sony PlayStation's Legal and Business Affairs department
has a great in-house opportunity for a Marketing and Advertising
focused Attorney. As Senior Corporate Counsel, Marketing and
Advertising at PlayStation, you will work on new and sophisticated
legal challenges in the Gaming/Tech industry. This role will
support a wide variety of Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE)
services and products.You are an experienced attorney with
extensive advising on Marketing and Advertising matters. You are
able to work with a global team of attorneys, paralegals, and work
well with multiple businesses in providing thoughtful advice in a
timely fashion. You have an eye for detail on marketing collateral
and you are an expert in a variety of marketing media; video,
print, web ads, etc. If this sounds like you, then we'd love to
hear from you. Join us at PlayStation, the Best Place to Work and
- Provide timely and nuanced legal advice to Sony Interactive
Entertainment's marketing teams for PlayStation brand hardware and
software as well as PlayStation Network's services.
- Work with a team of paralegals reviewing marketing materials,
product and service descriptions and terms across all media,
platforms and printed collateral.
- Work closely with SIE's Director, Marketing & Advertising
Counsel as part of the Marketing & Advertising Legal Team who are
responsible for advising on Marketing & Advertising issues in North
America. This team also includes attorneys and paralegals who
review marketing materials, product and service descriptions and
terms and conditions across all media, platforms and printed
collateral. Experience providing marketing and advertising law
advice and working with staff providing this advice is a strong
- Work directly with relevant business executives to provide
legal support for SIE's sales and marketing activities including
marketing partnerships, influencers, peripherals marketing, video
content and sweepstakes
- Work with others in the global Legal Teams to provide this
support in a synthesized way.
- Provide advice and support for transactional matters for the
Marketing Department and related departments as needed.
- Provide appropriate support and advice to SIE's sales and
marketing activities in South America and other regions as
- Licensed attorney with a law degree from an accredited U.S. law
school. CA Bar membership preferred or California registered
- 12+ years' experience practicing law, with a
marketing/advertising focus, primarily in the areas described
- Substantial experience in copyright and trademark matters,
unfair competition, false advertising, consumer-related FTC Section
5 matters, basic data privacy legal compliance, the FTC Endorsement
and Disclosure Guides, social media platform guidelines, industry
self-regulation guidelines and subscriptions.
- The ideal candidate has litigation experience in private
practice in the area described above *and* in-house experience
providing advice to the business or overseeing litigation on these
matters. Experience negotiating transactional matters for sales and
marketing organizations and contract drafting generally is a strong
- Have substantial experience working for a hardware, software or
content company providing legal advice to hardware, software,
product and services teams in the areas of marketing, advertising
(ad content and sales), social media and self-regulatory practices.
This candidate has worked for a video game company or a company
delivering digital content and services to consumers.
- Must have strong interpersonal, writing and office skills as
well as the ability to identify and overcome obstacles and find
quick solutions to legal and logistical issues. The ideal candidate
is confident but diplomatic and flexible as priorities change every
day. Strong candidates will have demonstrated leadership abilities
and strong management skills as well as the proven ability to
manage client expectations and multiple projects in a timely
- Highly independent counselor with regular interaction with the
- Uses independent judgment and innovation to influence new
policies, contribute to departmental strategies & processes to
accomplish departmental objectives.
- Expected to manage large projects and set project schedules and
goals for others.
- Establishes project schedules and coordinates work of team and
business resources needed to complete.
- Involved in developing, modifying and executing policies that
affect immediate operations and may also have company-wide
Keywords: PlayStation Global, San Mateo , Senior Corporate Counsel, Marketing and Advertising, Legal , San Mateo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!