Commercial Portfolio Leasing Manager Needed
Essex currently maintains a West Coast portfolio of
approximately 1M sf of commercial space spanning from Seattle down
to San Diego. It is comprised primarily of ground floor, mixed-use
retail and a multi-tenant office building. The Commercial Portfolio
Leasing Manager will be responsible for all leasing activities from
prospecting for new clients through store opening. Analyzes and
qualifies Tenant’s financial strength, operational use and
experience to determine Tenant’s ability to fulfill all lease
obligations. Evaluates and identifies property’s leasing
opportunities to maximize revenue and asset value. This position
will report directly to the Director of Commercial Real Estate and
will be based in the San Mateo office.
• Assures assigned properties are well leased and occupied with
permanent leases in place.
• Stays abreast of new concepts for retail centers and prospects
to bring them into company portfolio.
• Prepares/proposes merchandising plans.
• Assists in setting property’s annual operating budget.
• Identifies appropriate Tenants for project, analyzes sales and
occupancy by use to prepare Letters of Intent at or above market
• Networks internally with leasing team as well as external
leasing representatives for comp surveys.
• Negotiates all business terms of Letter of Intent staying
within company’s and property’s routine guidelines and
• Maintains Tenant contact database.
• Produces professional and relevant leasing reports as
• Travel as necessary to attend conventions, meetings and
conduct site tours.
• Professionally prepares and presents deals on designated
• Manages each deal through lease execution to store opening.
Responsible for driving communication amongst various departments
to meet approved timelines.
• Maintains knowledge of trade area and sales trends for
• Anticipates upcoming leasing opportunities so as to avoid
• Provides relevant information to supervisors and co-workers to
maximize company’s leasing objectives.
• Maximizes occupancy and income for assigned property.
• Complete and full understanding of company’s leasing
objectives so that little to no direction is required.
• Stays abreast of industry trends and matches property’s long
term vision, making adjustments where needed.
• Has an intuitive strength for anticipating tenants’ viability
and likelihood of deal consummation.
• Oversee and manage commercial tenant improvements. Perform
pre/post vacancy tenant inspections.
• Pursue lease terminations, evictions and settlements as
• Evaluate and analyze alternative uses for retail space in
order to maximize potential asset value
• 5+ years of experience in retail leasing.
• Knowledge of business, contracts, center operations and
• Professional demeanor with excellent presentation and
communication skills (Oral and written).
• Bachelor’s degree in Real Estate, Business, Finance,
Accounting, or similar field required
• Network of contacts with national, regional and local tenants,
brokers and landlords.
• Ability to travel regularly to assigned properties (Commercial
Portfolio is West Coast only with concentrations in Seattle,
Northern California Bay Area, and Los Angeles)