Company: ABD Insurance & Financial Services
Location: San Mateo
Posted on: April 5, 2021
Property & Casualty - Commercial Risk Team / At ABD we've built
something special; an innovative company with a fulfilling and
award-winning culture based on the core tenets
of--Work,--Love--and--Play. Work:--ABD is a team of risk and reward
advisors who provide industry leading services and resources in
insurance, risk management, human resource management, employee
benefits and retirement programs to our clients, so they can focus
on building their success. At ABD, your ideas and actions matter.
You control your work, engage your intellect and are supported as
you grow your expertise.-- Love:--We love what we do. We thrive on
the opportunity to innovate and BE better. We are also committed to
spreading our passions evenly, so that every ABD employee has a
fulfilling life in addition to a rewarding career. At ABD, you are
part of a team that is in this together! Play:--We enjoy our
clients and colleagues. And we believe that balanced happiness
leads to shared success. We love a lasting laugh and try not to
miss out on a good time - whether it's a game, bowling, onsite
barbeque, or a spontaneous celebration of our team-mates. At ABD,
we share the fun of life and have fun at work. SUMMARY: This
position is responsible for development, communication, and service
needs for our client companies and for retaining large, complex
accounts through relationship management. FROM THE TEAM:The team is
dedicated to excellence in everything that we do, and we are
committed to working together as partners in delivering what our
clients need and want. This role is an excellent opportunity to be
part of the Commercial Risk Unit specializing in the Financial
Institutions & Fintech vertical. We are looking for an inquisitive,
strategic, self-motivated, and organized person to join our
collaborative team.-- GENERAL INFORMATION
- This position is a salaried, exempt and full-time
- This position may work from any of ABD's office locations or
- This individual reports to SVP, Senior Account executive/Team
Lead. WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Manage and retain client relationships as a trusted advisor and
develop service strategy addressing client needs as the Client Lead
for all lines
- Partner with Producers on prospecting and new business
development (i.e. Private Equity/Venture Capital Firms/Funds,
Investment Advisers, Hedge Funds, Mutual Funds, ETFs, Insurance
Companies & Agents, Banks & Credit Unions, Non-Traditional Lenders,
Trust Companies, Collateral Managers, FinTech and All Other
- Independently manage an assigned book of Financial Institutions
& Fintech company accounts
- Stay current on relevant legal and regulatory issues impacting
assigned book of business
- Assess clients' risk profiles to determine risk and insurance
needs and develop go-to-market strategy
- Broking and negotiating insurance lines directly with insurance
markets the majority of time, while also strategically using
wholesalers when in best interest of client (e.g.: maximizing
market outreach, access to senior decision makers at insurers,
etc.) Note: ERS team to handle broking/marketing of Management
- Develop, produce, and deliver professional materials to assist
clients with decision making
- Coordinate with support staff on timing and production of
- Attend and lead all related client meetings (including
presentations to Board of Directors)
- Coordinate with ERS Account Executive on other product lines
(Crime, EPL, Fiduciary, D&O) for the respective clients.
- Act as point person across all insurance lines with respect to
client communication and coordination. Responsible for
understanding and communicating the following lines of coverage to
advise and educate clients:
- Management Liability lines in coordination with assigned ERS
- E&O / Cyber Liability
- IP Infringement Liability
- Surety (as needed) in coordination with ABD Surety team
- Life and Health (supplementary as needed - BTA, Key Man, etc)
in coordination with ABD EB team
- Other lines as may be identified later. Other special projects,
as assigned WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills: written, public
speaking and presentation preparation.
- Professional composure and exceptional customer service skills,
diplomacy, professionalism and tact.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and its complex
- Ability to be resourceful, take initiative, solve problems,
create solutions and direct process improvements.
- Thrives working with others in a fast paced environment.
Excellent management skills. Ability to train, delegate, provide
oversight and give feedback.--
- Adaptability and flexibility to proactively anticipate and
address issues and client needs.
- Exceptional time management skills and the ability to navigate
demanding schedules, priorities and volumes.
- Ability to learn, adopt and train use of technology systems and
- Excellent at multi-tasking and flexibility to manage ever
changing priorities and deadlines.
- Advanced at multiple and strategic project planning including
extended time management.
- Ability to forge relationships and build trust. EDUCATION AND
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of brokerage experience.
- Property and Casualty Insurance experience required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATION
- CA Property and Casualty Insurance license within 3 months of
hire. PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires moderate to long periods of time sitting at a desk,
using computer monitor and keyboard, speaking on the phone,
- Requires very occasional lifting of objects (mostly documents,
lap top equipment, etc.) that weigh fewer than 20 pounds. NOTE: The
information on this description has been designed to indicate the
general nature and level of work performed by employees within this
classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as
a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and
qualifications required of employees assigned to this job ABD is a
team of expert advisors providing industry leading services and
resources in insurance, risk management, employee benefits and
retirement programs to our clients so they can focus on building
success. NOTE: The information on this description has been
designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed
by employees within this classification. It is not designed to
contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all
duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees
assigned to this job.
Keywords: ABD Insurance & Financial Services, San Mateo , Account Executive, Other , San Mateo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!