Due Diligence Specialist
Company: ABD Insurance & Financial Services
Location: San Mateo
Posted on: April 5, 2021
Property & Casualty - M&A Advisory Team / At ABD we've built
something special; an innovative company with a fulfilling and
award-winning culture based on the core tenets
of--Work,--Love--and--Play. Work:--ABD is a team of risk and reward
advisors who provide industry leading services and resources in
insurance, risk management, human resource management, employee
benefits and retirement programs to our clients, so they can focus
on building their success. At ABD, your ideas and actions matter.
You control your work, engage your intellect and are supported as
you grow your expertise.-- Love:--We love what we do. We thrive on
the opportunity to innovate and BE better. We are also committed to
spreading our passions evenly, so that every ABD employee has a
fulfilling life in addition to a rewarding career. At ABD, you are
part of a team that is in this together! Play:--We enjoy our
clients and colleagues. And we believe that balanced happiness
leads to shared success. We love a lasting laugh and try not to
miss out on a good time - whether it's a game, bowling, onsite
barbeque, or a spontaneous celebration of our team-mates. At ABD,
we share the fun of life and have fun at work. SUMMARY: This
position is responsible for managing due diligence projects,
completing property and casualty due diligence reviews, and
enhancing the quality and efficiency of processes and procedures
that align with practice specific goals.-- FROM THE TEAM: We are
looking for an ambitious and driven individual.--Someone that is
hungry to learn, embraces challenges, is eager to grow, and
understands how to be a leader. Our M&A Advisory practice is
growing and thriving, and we need someone that understands the
pace, expectations, and flow of private equity transactions. If you
understand those things, you will know that this role isn't for
everyone.--ABD values investing in our people for development and
professional growth and we can't wait to invest in you.--We
understand the need for flexibility in location and work/life
balance challenges.--You will see firsthand how we live our ethos
of Work. Love. Play. GENERAL INFORMATION
- This position is a salary, exempt, and full-time role.
- This position can work from any ABD office location or can be
- The position reports to the SVP, M&A Advisory Practice
Leader. WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Responsible for overseeing all aspects of ABD's multiple and
concurrent M&A Advisory due diligence engagements.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to effectively communicate and
implement project plans. Work closely with internal teams to
identify, assign and communicate the roles and responsibilities of
all parties and monitor progress towards project goals.
- Responsible for carrying out the property & casualty insurance
due diligence process including:
- Requesting, gathering, organizing, reviewing, and analyzing
applicable documentation in all practice areas;
- Creating a written analysis of the insurance program, which may
include a financial analysis, coverage analysis and identification
of program deficiencies and transition issues.
- Quantifying deal impactful issues relevant to a financial buyer
and be able to explain how they will impact the contemplated
- Obtaining subject matter expertise, where necessary, from ABD
and external resources.--
- Responsible for delivering and communicating transactional deal
issues as they arise, and our final written findings to the
- Coordinate internal and external resources, vendors and
- Ensure that projects are delivered on-time and within
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
Prepare and deliver required reports or tools to monitor, track and
- Responsible for liaising with ABD service teams and the client
on the transition of new business.
- Coordinate with practice leader to enhance quality and
efficiency of processes and procedures.
- Manage a book of private equity / venture capital firm
- May be assigned other responsibilities and tasks as needed to
support strategic vision of the client. WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- Excellent communication skills: written, public speaking and
presentation preparation and comfortable with engaging c-suite
- Excellent customer service skills, professionalism and
- Proficient knowledge and use of Microsoft Office and advanced
complexities of features.
- Ability to be resourceful, take initiative, solve problems and
- Works well with others in a fast-paced environment and be
responsive to co-workers and colleagues. Ability to train,
delegate, provide oversight and give feedback.--
- Adaptability and flexibility to address issues and respond to
- Excellent time management skills and ability to manage
competing priorities and high volumes.
- Ability to learn and adopt use of technology systems and
- Ability to multi-task, understand urgency and deal with
changing priorities and deadlines.
- Must also work independently, with minimal supervision and can
take initiative and create solutions.
- Proficient at project planning and time management.
- Ability to forge relationships and build trust with clients,
carriers and internal stakeholders.
- Strong understanding of industry knowledge and the ability to
analyze data. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Experience interacting with private equity, venture capital, or
similar preferred. CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATION
- Must have applicable State Insurance License. PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Requires moderate to long periods of time sitting at a desk,
using computer monitor and keyboard, speaking on the phone,
- Requires very occasional lifting of objects (mostly documents,
lap top equipment, etc.) that weigh fewer than 20 pounds. NOTE: The
information on this description has been designed to indicate the
general nature and level of work performed by employees within this
classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as
a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and
qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. ABD is a
team of expert advisors providing industry leading services and
resources in insurance, risk management, employee benefits and
retirement programs to our clients. The M&A Advisory Practice
provides exceptional service, sound advice and professional
consulting to any company engaged in M&A activity. We are
credible, passionate, and innovative. We value trusted
relationships with our clients, prospects, ABD colleagues, and our
carrier business partners. NOTE: The information on this
description has been designed to indicate the general nature and
level of work performed by employees within this classification. It
is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive
inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications
required of employees assigned to this job.
Keywords: ABD Insurance & Financial Services, San Mateo , Due Diligence Specialist, Other , San Mateo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!