Location: San Mateo
Posted on: April 30, 2021
At ABD we've built something special; an innovative company with
a fulfilling and award-winning culture based on the core tenets of
Work, Love and Play. Work: ABD is a team of risk and reward
advisors who provide industry leading services and resources in
insurance, risk management, human resource management, employee
benefits and retirement programs to our clients, so they can focus
on building their success. At ABD, your ideas and actions matter.
You control your work, engage your intellect and are supported as
you grow your expertise. Love: We love what we do. We thrive on the
opportunity to innovate and BE better. We are also committed to
spreading our passions evenly, so that every ABD employee has a
fulfilling life in addition to a rewarding career. At ABD, you are
part of a team that is in this together! Play: We enjoy our clients
and colleagues. And we believe that balanced happiness leads to
shared success. We love a lasting laugh and try not to miss out on
a good time - whether it's a game, bowling, onsite barbeque, or a
spontaneous celebration of our team-mates. At ABD, we share the fun
of life and have fun at work. SUMMARY: This position is responsible
for coordinating the internal service process for assigned personal
lines and/or private clients. FROM THE TEAM: ABD values investing
in our people for development and professional growth while living
ABD's ethos of Work. Love. Play. Our team especially understands
the need for flexibility in location and with work/life balance
challenges. We have the amazing opportunity to help our clients
with unique problem solving opportunities and uncovering,
understanding, and designing strategies to help our clients
mitigate deep risk. We are a fun, tight knit team who work together
in a collaborative space. GENERAL INFORMATION
- This position is a hourly, non-exempt, and full-time
- This position is currently remote, with future opportunity to
work from any ABD office.
- This position reports to the Account Executive WHAT YOU'LL BE
- Manage successful outsourcing of workflows including, but not
limited to, certificates of insurance, auto identification cards,
policy checking and MVRs.
- Manage alerts from various carrier websites and other
- Manage certificate of insurance process, if necessary.
- Prepare, process and distribute endorsements and invoices.
- Monitor and resolve billing discrepancies and perform
- Execute consistent and accurate data and information entry and
maintenance in various systems including AMS, SharePoint, etc.
- Execute consistent and accurate database and document
management processes and workflows.
- Coordinate and own the renewal process workflow for successful,
- Assist in the preparation and distribution of client
- Provide training to Account Assistants.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Assist with claims issues.
- May manage and/or train the next level down (i.e. AE may manage
and train AMs or ACs.; AM may manage and train ACs.)
- Other tasks, duties or special projects as assigned. WHAT YOU
BRING TO THE TABLE
- Solid communication skills: writing and presentation
- Excellent telephone etiquette for customer service environment
including listening without interrupting, using a clear and audible
voice and responding calmly and professionally.
- Intermediate knowledge and use of standard features of
- Ability to be resourceful, take initiative, and work to solve
- Works well with others in a fast-paced environment and be
responsive to co-workers and colleagues. Must also work
- Adaptability and flexibility to respond to client and team
- Strong time management skills.
- Ability to learn, adopt, and train use of technology systems
and software applications.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail; ability
to screen details and identify potential discrepancies
- Ability to review internal/external deliverables to ensure
- Ability to maintain projects. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Education required; Bachelors' Degree
- Personal insurance experience preferred. CERTIFICATES,
- CA Department of Insurance Property and Casualty License
(preferred or completed within 3 months of start date). PHYSICAL
DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of
those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Requires moderate to long periods of time sitting at a desk,
using computer monitor and keyboard, speaking on the phone,
- Requires short to moderate (intermittent) periods of time
standing or walking, often to and from meetings that require
- Requires very occasional lifting of objects (mostly documents,
lap top equipment, etc.) that weigh fewer than 20 pounds. ABD is a
team of expert advisors providing industry leading services and
resources in insurance, risk management, employee benefits and
retirement programs to our clients so they can focus on building
success. NOTE: The information on this description has been
designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed
by employees within this classification. It is not designed to
contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all
duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees
assigned to this job.
Keywords: SharedHR, San Mateo , Account Coordinator, Other , San Mateo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!