Senior Support Account Manager
Location: San Mateo
Posted on: May 3, 2021
There is only one Data Cloud. Snowflake's founders started from
scratch and designed a data platform built for the cloud that is
effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. But it
didn't stop there. They engineered Snowflake to power the Data
Cloud, where thousands of organizations unlock the value of their
data with near-unlimited scale, concurrency, and performance. This
is our vision: a world with endless insights to tackle the
challenges and opportunities of today and reveal the possibilities
Our goal is to help our customers achieve their business goals
by providing outstanding service and support to our most critical
customers, which is the primary responsibility of the Support
Account Manager (SAM). A Support Account Manager has developed an
excellent balance of business and technical skills that allows them
to operate at multiple levels within the customer's business
environment and understand the customer's platform use and
operation as well. The SAM coordinates and engages with Sales,
Professional Services, Support and Engineering to ensure that
customers have the best Snowflake experience possible. A thorough
understanding of a customer's business, as well as operational and
tactical goals and objectives, are key critical success
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Operate as the point of contact for assigned customers.
- Create and manage assigned tasks and deliverables for
- Actively observe, interface and manage the reporting for a
customer's environment related to program deliverables.
- Management of the day-to-day aspects of support cases,
incidents, and escalations for assigned customers.
- Presenting the Global Account Management programs and
principles to internal teams and customers alike, including events,
company and user conferences.
- Coordinating with team members to help ensure consistent
service is being delivered.
- Articulating and understanding a customer's business model,
goals, objectives, schedules and operations and how the Snowflake
platform impacts their business.
- Preparing, presenting and reviewing plans related to version
control, upgrades and environmental changes.
- Translating business goals into operational and tactical
objectives while ensuring that customers are staying on their
- Developing strong partnerships with the customer's business and
operational leaders to drive focus on support related aspects and
- Promoting continuous improvement based on data-driven
- Coordinating and leading review meetings, focusing on support
related data such as cases, incidents, platform performance and
- Possesses a positive attitude and outlook.
- Enjoys working as a member of a high performing, fast paced
- Works with a high degree of integrity and accountability.
- Interacts internally and externally with multiple levels of an
organization, including C-level individuals.
- Is results oriented, leveraging data, metrics and open feedback
to make operational, tactical and strategic decisions.
- Displays high levels of attention to detail, planning expertise
- Understands both proactive and reactive support management
practices and how to collaborate with other Snowflake teams to best
support our customers.
- BA/BS in a business-related field and/or equivalent years
working in the software industry and/or cloud platform industry (6+
- 4+ years of direct Support and/or Support Services related
experience with a proven track record of delivering business value
- 3+ years of experience working with Amazon Web Services (AWS),
Microsoft Azure (Azure), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), or a private
- 3+ years of experience managing enterprise customer
relationships as a Support Account Manager (SAM), Business Critical
Account Manager (BCAM) or Technical Account Manager (TAM).
- Technical competence in base
application, use and management.
- Excellent verbal, written, communication and receptive
- High levels of emotional intelligence (EQ), empathy,
proactivity, and the ability to advocate for both clients and
internal teams alike, continuously striving for mutually-beneficial
- The ability to present complex ideas, processes and
methodologies in a clear, concise fashion to technical,
non-technical and executive audiences.
- Successful experience working, collaborating, and establishing
relationships with leadership, colleagues, and clients.
- Understanding of Data Warehouse fundamentals and concepts.
- Ability to adapt, to be flexible, and to learn quickly in a
- Excellent team player able to work with virtual and global
cross functional teams.
Snowflake is growing fast, and we're scaling our team to help
enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who
share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of
innovation while building a future for themselves and
How do you want to make your impact?
Keywords: Snowflake, San Mateo , Senior Support Account Manager, Other , San Mateo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!