Company: Index Ventures
Location: san mateo
Posted on: May 3, 2021
We are a company for gamers, by gamers. We believe that truly good
and deeply compelling games are timeless and will ultimately
prevail over fine-tuned shallow addiction cycles. Our mission is to
make deeply engaging and technically outstanding games, while
embracing all the opportunities of crazy new platforms, new
business models and a games industry in flux.
We are looking for ambitious and highly skilled people who share
our passion for making outstanding games. You will need to be ready
to take on the challenge of being part of a small but experienced
and ambitious team, not be afraid to get your hands dirty, have a
can-do attitude and a willingness to go the extra mile. For those
up to the challenge, it's going to be a thrilling ride.
As a gameplay engineer, you'll design, build and optimize the core
gameplay technologies that lie at the heart of our game.
Ultimately, you influence the backbone and infrastructure that runs
our games, enable our designers and artists to build even more
amazing characters, worlds and experiences and preferably enable
experiences that our players would previously have thought to be
impossible on the platform at hand. You'll be working
shoulder-to-shoulder with the game designers, designing new
technologies that expand the gameplay in ways never before thought
You are fluent in C++
- You have a passion for programming and a talent for building
fast, efficient and scalable gameplay technology.
- You have a rock-solid understanding of overall game engine
- You have a talent for optimizing code for performance,
scalability and clarity.
- You've worked on, completed and shipped at least one game.
- You have four years (or more) professional work experience as
- You are comfortable working closely with game designers, and
have your own opinions on game design
- You have strong troubleshooting skills.
- At least four years of post-secondary education in computer
science or related field or a mix of education and comparable work
- You have worked on or played competitive, strategic games
- A resume and cover letter is required for consideration.
Keywords: Index Ventures, San Mateo , Gameplay Engineer, Other , san mateo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!