Facilities and Tech Assistant/Driver
Company: Jewish Family and Children's Services
Location: San Mateo
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Under the supervision of the Officer Manager of the Peninsula
Region, the Facilities and Tech Assistant/Driver provides
facilities related and technical support services, including
meeting room set up at the Peninsula offices in Palo Alto and San
Mateo and transporting of clients.
The Facilities and Tech Assistant/Driver is trained in security
and emergency procedures and works with staff to maintain up to
date first aid supplies and emergency related supplies; oversees
the donation center process and works with Facilities staff
following procedures to store and distribute items in a timely and
efficient manner. The Tech Assistant/Driver understands and assists
in meeting budget and services goals, understands the mission and
objectives of Jewish Family and Childrens Services and works within
the limitations of the Agencys resources and grant-funded
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serves as onsite facilities, technical assistant and driver for
the Peninsula Region (Palo Alto and San Mateo offices).
- Maintains security procedures and is responsible for ensuring
that cameras, the garage door, alarm systems and other security
systems are maintained and operational for both offices.
- Sets up and tears down rooms and AV equipment for both offices
(including laptop computers, projectors, video conference equipment
and speakers) for day and evening meetings as scheduled in Outlook;
reviews room schedules regularly and ensure rooms are clean and
- Sets up new employee workstations and clears out departing
employee workstations for both offices.
- Works with Peninsula staff to maintain the offices in
accordance with JFCS standards, provides routine maintenance of
agency buildings, including furniture, floor surfaces, lamp
replacement for lighting fixtures, staff rooms, meeting rooms,
library, bathrooms and other common areas as necessary and reports
major items to management for corrective action.
- Supports the region's Donated Goods program including
maintaining donations areas, moving donated goods, maintaining
inventories of goods brought to storage, and occasionally
delivering donated goods to clients or picking up donated goods
- Serves as a driver for the Agency four-passenger/wheelchair
accessible van and coordinates pickups and deliveries of primarily
senior citizens within the schedule of other activities included in
this job description. Participates in the preventative maintenance
schedule for JFCS vehicles.
- Serves as driver for wheelchair bound or frail clients as part
of JFCS RIDES program; serves as a driver for the Food Bank on the
peninsula and the SF region when needed.
- Practices safety measures and standard driving
- Participates in training programs as required by agency for
carrying out duties of job. Serves as part of the team that
prepares for agency disaster preparations, emergency procedures and
will attend meetings and trainings, conducted by both the agency
and county organizations.
- Serves as back up receptionist at front desk, on an as needed
- Maintains strict confidentiality and works cooperatively with
all involved staff and volunteers as appropriate.
- Helps with office errands and other related tasks as
The physical demands described here are representative of
those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move about
inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery,
- Constantly operates a computer and other office
productivity machinery, such as calculator, copy machine, and
- May be required to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Occasionally climb ladders.
- The person in this position requires communication with
departmental staff, employees, and outside customers regarding
payroll and accounting issues. Must be able to exchange accurate
information in these situations.
- Exposure to low to moderate noise levels characteristic of
working in an office environment.
- Regular driving of agency vehicles including automobiles, vans,
and small buses (however not providing livery service)
- Minimum of three years (3) in facilities, housekeeping, or
janitorial service required.
- High school diploma required. Additional education or
equivalent experience preferred.
- Familiarity with basic trades such as carpentry, electrical,
- Demonstrated ability to set up and use office equipment
required (computers, photocopiers, postage meters,
- Valid California Driver's License and good driving record
- Ability to work independently as well as in cooperation with
others, to set priorities appropriately, to work effectively under
time constraints, and to maintain confidentiality.
- Knowledge of, and/or sensitivity to, the provision of social
This is a part-time, hourly, non-exempt position
with no benefits.
The above statement is intended to describe the general
nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to
be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties,
and skills required of personnel so classified.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Jewish Family and Children's Services, San Mateo , Facilities and Tech Assistant/Driver, Other , San Mateo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!