Head of Talent Acquisition (Remote, San Mateo or
Were looking for open-minded individuals who want to expand the
ways technology can help people. We work fast, collaborate, and
celebrate as a team. Were united by a commitment to shaping Tiles
culture around the needs of our colleagues and customers, and by
our desire to build a diverse and welcoming workplace.
About the Role
As our Head of Talent Acquisition youll report to the VP People
+ Workplace and own all aspects of the talent acquisition engine,
and lead a strategic approach to recruiting and closing the best
candidates across all functions. You and your team will be
responsible for finding candidates who not only excel in their
specific field, but also exhibit Tiles core values. You will own
the hiring strategy across the organization, and be responsible for
designing and implementing initiatives for the entire candidate
life cycle, as well as in diversity, hiring metrics, and more.
You'll partner with hiring managers and interview teams as well as
the People Team to make a best-in-class candidate experience, from
first touch to first day.
- A data fluent decision maker - comfortable using a
metrics driven approach to bring insights to hiring
- An influencer - superb communication across many
different types of audiences
- A seasoned recruiter - breadth of knowledge and
experience building technical and business teams in-house at a
technology company with a credible tech bar
- A strong team builder and mentor - prior team members
want to work for you again because youre second to none when it
comes to growing your own people
- A champion for building diverse teams - passionate and
pragmatic approach to working with hiring managers to source and
champion talent from underrepresented groups
- Own and evolve talent acquisition strategy including
overall process, sourcing strategy, diversity initiatives, metrics,
budgets, employee branding, segmentation, social media, and
- Build, lead and mentor recruiting team.
- Foster an environment of inclusion with an emphasis on
developing strategies to build diverse teams including your
- Partner closely with executives and hiring managers to
understand their hiring needs and styles.
- Act as a player<>coach when necessary, pinch
hitting on critical roles or just generally rolling up your sleeves
to make the team successful.
- Manage external relationships with partners as
necessary, including agencies, vendors for services or technology
You have experience in:
- Advising senior leaders on building a recruiting
strategy and how to attract the caliber of talent needed to achieve
- Directly managing and developing managers with teams
- Partnering to build hiring plans that bring a balance of
data and insights to make informed trade-off decisions between the
needs of the business and recruiting capacity.
- Collaborating with business partners in the business
(sales, product and engineering), service delivery (legal, finance,
IT) and across people team (HR, diversity, total rewards).
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years of related work experience in a search firm or in
house recruiting/sourcing to include internet sourcing and cold
- 5+ years leading a recruiting team.
- Strong leadership skills including communication, delivery of
results, consultative skills, partnership skills.
- Must have strong computer skills and experience with Google
Docs, Microsoft Office Suite, ATS systems.
- Results oriented with proven critical thinking, innovation and
flexibility in taking care of changing and ambiguous
- Thrives in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Own equity in the company - every employee is a stakeholder in
- Work with an adept team of people who love what they do
- Comprehensive health insurance, dental, vision, 401k, and
pre-tax commuter deduction
We solve real problems with technology to make peoples daily
At Tile, we recognize that daily life is challenging. We lead
busy lives filled with family, friends, jobs, pets, and other
things we love. Balancing this can be demanding, unpredictable and
We use technology to solve real everyday problems that keep each
day running smoothly. People rely on Tile to be a seamless part of
their lives whether they are at home or out in the world.
By helping to make daily lives easier, we free people to find
their best lives whatever that means to them. Tile is for everyone,
on every platform, everywhere in the world. Tile for life.
Tile is best known today for its market-leading Bluetooth
finders with over 35 million units sold and ~5M items located
daily. That said, Tile has recently expanded the devices that are
findable by its platform by embedding its software into third-party
Over 30 billion Bluetooth devices are shipping over the next 5
years and each of these can be Tile-enabled with a software update.
Partnerships have been announced with HP for laptops, leading audio
headset OEMs like Bose and SkullCandy, and several others. Tile
also has a large portfolio of unannounced OEM partnerships with top
brands in many other large verticals (e.g. wearables, bikes, etc.)
and is integrating its technology on the Bluetooth chips to make
the Tile enablement more seamless for these partners (e.g. Tile has
a partnership with Intel for PCs).
In addition to the OEM and chip partnerships, Tile is scaling
its finding network by entering into access point partnerships with
companies like Google, Amazon, and Comcast (all announced and
From a business model perspective, Tile is shifting the
relationship with its customers from a transactional device sale to
offering a long-term, high-value service. Tile introduced its
premium service two years ago and has ~400K subscribers today with
a specific focus on growing annual recurring revenue.
We are guided by our company values, which are Start with
Trust, Bring It, Build What Matters, Better
Together, and Power Whats Next. Recently accredited as a
Great Place to Work, we are a high-performing team and our leaders
consider themselves to be performance coaches with a primary
responsibility of accelerating Tiles success and that of their
teammates. We know that the more our consumers win, the more we
win, and we love working with like-minded teammates to do just
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.