IQVIA is the leading human data science company focused on
helping healthcare clients find unparalleled insights and better
solutions for patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and
Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness the
power of healthcare data, domain expertise, transformative
technology, and advanced analytics to drive healthcare forward.
Department: Evidence Synthesis
The Evidence Synthesis practice is part of IQVIA Real World
Evidence Solutions (RWE). RWE brings together IQVIA offerings that
connect healthcare stakeholders through real-world evidence to
demonstrate the value of medicines, enhance quality and drive
Overview of the role
Senior Consultants are key team members who are responsible for
implementing methodologically rigorous evidence synthesis research,
overseeing the work of junior staff, and managing the overall
project. They work independently and as part of a team, act on
anticipated project needs, and problem solve. The role requires
superb attention to detail, organization skills, and communication
skills. Senior Consultants are expected to interact with clients,
understand their needs, and design projects that meet those
Excellent knowledge of systematic literature review (SLR)
methods, and an intermediate understanding of network meta-analysis
(NMA). Fundamental understanding of SLR guidelines and best
practices, and substantial experience in implementing them.
Experience conducting meta-analysis or NMA, and/or experience with
Bayesian analysis, using R, STATA, or SAS. Knowledge and experience
working in pharmaceutical consulting.
- Lead implementation of SLRs including developing search
strategies, protocols, screening, data extraction, and quality
control. Deliver quality that exceeds client's expectations.
- Manage staff to ensure high quality and timely work and review
in detail the work that is produced.
- Synthesize data qualitatively and quantitatively (meta-analysis
- Write reports and develop slide decks that clearly explain
methods, results, and interpretation.
- Help prepare proposals, including background research and
writing methods sections.
- Support more senior staff on specific business initiatives as
- Work without supervision independently and/or as part of a
project team on defined tasks.
- Work effectively across time zones as part of a global
Project management / Client liaison
- Assist with overall project management and client
- Manage project timelines to ensure work is completed on
- Attend and present at internal and client calls.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, TECHNICAL AND PERSONAL SKILLLS
- Masters in epidemiology, pharmacology, public health, or
biostatistics (other health sciences ok)
- 4+ years' experience of working in evidence synthesis research,
preferably in consulting, pharmaceutical or other healthcare
- PhD in epidemiology, pharmacology, public health, or
biostatistics (other health sciences ok)
Essential general technical skills and knowledge
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Solid understanding of SLR concepts, guidelines, and required
- Intermediate knowledge in meta-analysis and/or NMA and/or
Bayesian statistics, with experience carrying analysis in at least
1 programming language
- Strong ability to quality check own and others work so that
drafts are delivered with only minimal minor typographical
- Competency in using PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- Interest in learning SLR technologies
Essential personal skills and behaviours
- Fluency in English (spoken and written); strong
business/scientific written English
- A commitment to working collaboratively and effectively with
others in and across the team to accomplish goals
- A commitment to timely internal and client communication; with
clients, IQVIA project managers and team members, IQVIA colleagues
- A pragmatic and logical problem solving approach to
- Strong attention to detail on all project deliverables even
under time pressure.
- A good understanding of project management with proven time
management and personal organisational skills
Making a positive impact on human health takes insight,
curiosity, and intellectual courage. It takes brave minds, pushing
the boundaries to transform healthcare. Regardless of your role,
you will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping
our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve
outcomes for patients.
Forge a career with greater purpose, make an impact, and never
IQVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants
with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation
to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in
the application process should contact IQVIA's Talent Acquisition
team at email@example.com to arrange for such an