Analyst Relations, Director
Location: San Mateo
Posted on: June 6, 2021
There is only one Data Cloud. Snowflake's founders started from
scratch and designed a data platform built for the cloud that is
effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. But it
didn't stop there. They engineered Snowflake to power the Data
Cloud, where thousands of organizations unlock the value of their
data with near-unlimited scale, concurrency, and performance. This
is our vision: a world with endless insights to tackle the
challenges and opportunities of today and reveal the possibilities
Are you looking to be part of the team that is defining the
future of data management and analytics and by building the Data
Cloud? Do you want to blaze new trails and tell the Snowflake story
to key industry analysts? We are looking for an Analyst Relations,
Director to build the AR program by deepening relationships with
key analysts and having meaningful discussions about the future of
data. We're growing fast and looking for a highly talented, driven
and self-motivated marketing professional who knows AR can have a
meaningful impact at a company. In this role, you will help build
Snowflake by telling the product, solutions and industry stories
that matter to the company.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Design, collaborate and execute Snowflake's overall industry
analyst and influencer strategy by bringing a data-driven approach
to AR work.
- Build, nurture, and manage positive relationships with industry
analysts and influencers to engage and educate analysts about
Snowflake's strategy, roadmap, and product news.
- Develop a program which focuses on continuous engagement and
education which culminates in positive placement in the Gartner
Magic Quadrants, Forrester Waves and other research reports.
- Partner closely with product marketing, product management,
competitive, demand generation and communication teams to influence
product roadmap and provide guidance on positioning, messaging, and
- Build the cadence of interactions via inquiries, briefings,
advisory days, events, and beyond to have meaningful engagement
throughout the year.
- Establish an annual Analyst Conference which is a must attend
event for industry analysts and thought leaders.
- This role will report to the VP of Corporate Marketing and
Chief Communications Officer, where a keen focus will be on driving
alignment with sales, marketing, and product teams to maximize
Analyst Relations program impact.
- Manage executive participation in analyst interactions by
building and improving the bench of spokespeople across the
- Work with analyst firms to influence research reports and
whitepapers and drive the Snowflake Data Cloud vision into their
- Generate Analyst Relations content, including briefing
documents, messaging, competitive positioning, rebuttals and
responses to crises and issues
- Support and educate field and partner orgs on analyst views and
AR resources available to them.
- Highlight opportunities to leverage analyst knowledge and
- Build relationships with analysts outside the U.S. to ensure
they are knowledgeable about Snowflake's strategy, products,
industry approach, and customers success in the region.
- Work collaboratively with regional teams to help adapt content
& advise on global strategies so local teams can adapt.
WHAT YOU HAVE:
- 12+ years of proven industry analyst experience, ideally
related to data management or analytics.
- Deep understanding of how to build and maintain relationships
with key influencers, leading industry analysts, and analyst
- Cross-functional team management, influence without authority,
including senior management.
- Knowledge of trends in communications and analyst
- Ability to be creative, strategic, analytical, and think
outside the box to solve problems.
- Strong project and organizational skills with the ability to
optimally structure and prioritize work.
- Experience in influencing industry analysts and securing
- Excellent speaking and communication skills.
- Technical- and business-benefit understanding of prevailing and
emerging analytics technologies, on-premises and in the cloud.
- An ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- BS/BA degree in a related technical field.
Snowflake is growing fast, and we're scaling our team to help
enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who
share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of
innovation while building a future for themselves and
How do you want to make your impact?
Keywords: Snowflake, San Mateo , Analyst Relations, Director, Other , San Mateo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!