Security & Compliance Auditor I (Remote)
Company: Coupa Software
Location: San Mateo
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Coupa Software (NASDAQ: COUP), a leader in business spend
management (BSM), has been certified as a "Great Place to Work" by
the Great Place to Work organization. We deliver "Value as a
Service" by helping our customers maximize their spend under
management, achieve significant cost savings and drive
profitability. Coupa provides a unified, cloud-based spend
management platform that connects hundreds of organizations
representing the Americas, EMEA, and APAC with millions of
suppliers globally. The Coupa platform provides greater visibility
into and control over how companies spend money. Customers - small,
medium and large - have used the Coupa platform to bring billions
of dollars in cumulative spend under management. Learn more at
www.coupa.com. Read more on the Coupa Blog or follow @Coupa on
Do you want to work for Coupa Software, the world's leading
provider of cloud-based spend management solutions? We're a company
that had a successful IPO in October 2016 (NASDAQ: COUP) to fuel
our innovation and growth. At Coupa, we're building a great company
that is laser focused on three core values:
Ensure Customer Success - Obsessive and unwavering commitment to
making customers successful.
Focus On Results - Relentless focus on delivering results
through innovation and a bias for action.
- Strive For Excellence - Commitment to a collaborative
environment infused with professionalism, integrity, passion, and
This position plays a critical role in safeguarding Coupa's
technology and its customers by ensuring that Coupa meets its
contractual, regulatory and framework commitments. You will be part
of the audit program, which evaluates Coupa products, services,
vendors, and infrastructure to ensure that confidentiality,
integrity and availability controls are thorough and effective.
You will work with a Senior auditor and be part of
pre-assessments, third-party audits, vendor audits, spot checks,
documentation development, resolving audit findings and
implementing recommendations. You will work independently and with
the Senior auditors to further develop the audit program focusing
on scalable and repeatable processes that protect Coupa while at
the same time allowing business areas to operate effectively.
You will be expected to be continuously improving audit program
processes and documentation. You will need to be aware of new
tools, industry standards, and innovations that can improve Coupa's
audit program. Duties will include needs analysis, project planning
and management, process development, data analysis, process
implementation and testing, technical and procedural documentation,
and post-implementation assessment.
- Coordinate audits with internal business areas to ensure their
full participation and that the correct subject matter experts are
- Facilitate the collection, tracking, and validation of evidence
needed for audits.
- Ensure audit program documentation is current, complete, and
accurate. Create new documentation, as needed, for audit program
processes, schedules and control.
- Support business owners to better understand audit requirements
for the development, implementation and maintenance of effective
controls in their area.
- Partner with control owners to ensure control documentation is
updated periodically to reflect the current control
- Assist in the development of a consolidated control framework
to meet business and compliance requirements.
- Work across departments to drive the adoption of
organization-wide policies, standards, procedures, that meet our
- Prepare monthly metrics and reporting on the audit program,
keeping stakeholders and business areas well informed of their
- Ensure that key customer commitments are included in policies,
controls and assessments
- Liaise with external auditors to ensure they are provided the
information they need in a timely manner.
- Partner with Senior Auditors to conduct internal audits.
- Develop documentation for audit findings, root cause analysis,
requirements that need to be met, and evidence of remediation.
- Monitor issues and recommendations, identified during audits,
to ensure they are resolved in a timely manner. Perform retest of
controls to ensure they have been resolved appropriately.
- Bachelor Degree (or working towards one) in Business, Computer
Science, Computer Engineering or related fields.
- 1+ years of audit experience
- Demonstrated experience dealing with confidential and
- CISA, CISSP, CISM, CRISC or other related security/compliance
certification a plus or progress towards completion;
- Experience with one or more of the following: IT general
controls, IT application controls, SOC, PCI, HIPAA, FedRAMP, ISO,
ITAR, FedRAMP, TISAX, CSA-STAR
- Experience with multiple compliance frameworks, control mapping
and automation of evidence collection a plus.
- Demonstrable knowledge of information security best
- High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to
interact with internal and external stakeholders at all levels of
- Customer centric (internal and external), motivated, focused
- Self Accountable and self motivated
- Sound independent judgement
- Ability multitask, set priorities, adapt to changes in a quick,
- Ability to work independently and proactively while being
focused on delivering high performance and value to the
- Demonstrated ability to understand new and existing
technologies as applied throughout organization.
- Ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams towards task
At Coupa, we have a strong and innovative team dedicated to
improving the spend management processes of today's dynamic
businesses. It's our people who make it happen, and we strive to
attract and retain the best in every discipline.
We take care of our employees every way we can, with competitive
compensation packages, as well as restricted stock units, an
Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP), comprehensive health
benefits for employees and their families, a 401(k) match, a
flexible work environment, no limit vacations for exempt employees,
non-exempt employees are on an accrual basis for PTO, catered
lunchesAnd much more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce,
Coupa is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard
for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability,
sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not
Keywords: Coupa Software, San Mateo , Security & Compliance Auditor I (Remote), Other , San Mateo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!