Analyst, Forecasting and Modeling
Company: Sony Playstation Network
Location: San Mateo
Posted on: June 6, 2021
PlayStation isn't just the Best Place to Play -it's also the
Best Place to Work. We've thrilled gamers since 1994, when we
launched the original PlayStation. Today, we're recognized as a
global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The
PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a
wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Analyst, Forecasting & Modeling
San Mateo, CA
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join the
GPDR (Global Partner Development & Relations) Business Operations,
Planning, & Strategy team as an Analyst, Forecasting and
What you'll be doing:
- Responsible for managing data for third-party software on the
PlayStation platform to support the disc-based forecasts and
collaborate on digital forecasts
- Supporting business units as they go through their annual,
quarterly, and monthly OPEX budget & forecast submissions
- Performing comparable title and industry-based analysis to
determine impact of potential partnership deals
- Forecasting and measuring title and partner progress against
- Lead and support the administration of various cross-functional
partner focused programs and initiatives
- Other ad hoc analysis and team operations functions as
What we are looking for:
- Analytical and able to clearly articulate the thought process
behind your analysis
- Organized and able to get things done on your own
- Excellent attention to detail with a commitment to
- Team player with strong communication and interpersonal
- Ability to manage deliverables on tight deadlines
- Highly motivated and quick to learn
- 1+ years of finance and analytical experience, ideally within
tech and/or entertainment: You have the financial acumen and basic
accounting knowledge to understand what sits behind the numbers and
how it impacts the organization
- Forecasting experience: You can put together a forecast,
justify your assumptions, and track your accuracy
- Highly proficient using Excel: You're comfortable combining
data from multiple sources and can quickly produce accurate
summaries and analysis of data
- Data visualization: You can distill larger volumes of data into
clear, intuitive charts using Excel or other tools
- Prior FP&A experience, particularly dealing with media
payments and big-ticket marketing items
- Experience using MicroStrategy, QlikSense, SAP BOBJ, and/or
similar BI tools (e.g. Tableau, Domo, Power BI)
- Genuine interest and/or knowledge of the video games
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry,
citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability,
covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services,
sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or
membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers
to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with
disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable
accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples
of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the
application process or work procedures, providing documents in an
alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees
and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in
contacting us and we thank you for your interest in
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC'S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at
Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we
collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding
the personal information of all applicants to our job positions.
Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the
recruiting process, in particular the following categories.
Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social
Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing
address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with
you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you
may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military
service information, or physical or mental health information, as
well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including
your past professional experience, references; background
verification; talent management and assessment; information
regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions
of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about
your education records, such as grades and transcripts.
Keywords: Sony Playstation Network, San Mateo , Analyst, Forecasting and Modeling, Other , San Mateo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!