Director of Revenue
Location: San Mateo
Posted on: October 7, 2021
We are looking for a high-energy,
hands-on professional with the ability to work in a collaborative
and independent setting to join our team, focusing on revenue
accounting, billing and real estate operations. The ideal candidate
must possess strong analytical and communication skills. This
person will need to interpret, present, and explain complex
accounting issues to various internal business partners and
external auditors, and must be able to develop and manage processes
and controls. Other valued attributes that we are seeking are a
strong work ethic, and consistent performance with a sense of
urgency and commitment. Reporting to the VP, Controller and being
the owner of key accounting areas, you will play a major role in
our accounting team as business expands and shorten the revenue
close cycle, which will be critical to future growth.
Job Duties and
- Revenue Accounting: Review sales contracts and determine
revenue recognition treatment in accordance with company policy and
ASC 606. Establish process for tracking revenue
recognition. Revenue recognition is typically over time and
done on a percentage of completion basis, requiring updates to the
project budget and actual costs.
- Billing and Accounts Receivable: Responsible for performing
invoicing and collections. Improve the process for monitoring and
reducing days outstanding of receivables.
- Lead the accounting activities for our real estate development
activities. Activities include managing real estate property
rollforwards, amortization of prepaids and ensuring interest
expense is properly classified (capitalized or expense).
- Month-end close: Support the Controller in managing the
month-end close and consolidations; identify process improvements
to develop an efficient month-end close process. Also includes
accounting for and maintaining deferred revenue.
- Lead and assist with other special projects as needed; take on
additional duties and ad-hoc activities.
Requirements, Knowledge, and
- Must be a self-starter. Ability to work independently in a
fast-paced environment with firm deadlines and competing
priorities. Flexible and able to re-prioritize as needs
- BA/BS in Finance or Accounting.
- The ideal candidate should have at least 7-10 years of combined
Accounting experience, with at least 3 years at a big 4 public
- Strong working knowledge of ASC 606. Able to apply the
five-step revenue recognition framework to service contracts.
Applying percentage of completion method to revenue recognition is
- Ability to adapt to a new ERP system being implemented in
- Good understanding of the audit process. Able to drive audit
requests and issues to completion
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written English communication
- Detail-oriented with high degree of accuracy and
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and solve
- CPA preferred
- Experience with NetSuite is a plus
- Experience drafting accounting memos on revenue
Benefits Eligible for this
Insurance Benefits for you and your
eligible dependents (Health, Dental & Vision)
Stock Options in a pre IPO
Paid flexible vacation time
Paid sick time
10 Company Paid Holidays
Cell Phone Stipend/Company Cell
Other Company Benefits
Counseling Services - professional
online counseling platform at no cost
Discount on Veev/Reali products and
services for employees, friends, and family
Equal Employment Opportunity
Veev, Inc. is proud to be an Equal
Employment Opportunity Employer. The Company is committed to the
principle of equal employment and provides fair and equal
employment opportunity to all applicants regardless of race, color,
religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming
practices), citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender
identity or expression, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, age,
status as a protected veteran, disability, domestic violence victim
status, or any other protected status under applicable laws.
Veev, Inc. will not tolerate discrimination or harassment because
of any protected status.
Keywords: Veev, San Mateo , Director of Revenue, Other , San Mateo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!